Dogwood

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Amanda: Alexa Dress in Doogwood Print c/o Trashy Diva  |  Bracelets - Splendette
  Vintage 1940's Dogwood Hat - Playback Vintage  |  Olive Green Wedges - Re-Mix Shoes

Katie: Dogwood High-Waist Shorts + Lena Blouse c/o Trashy Diva | Flower Brooch - Vintage
Black Tights - Similar | D'orsay Flats - Similar | Magenta Tootsie Cardigan c/o Doll Me Up

When we first saw the Dogwood Collection from Trashy Diva...we will admit that maybe we cried a little bit.  That may seem a bit excessive, but being raised in Georgia/Tennessee means that playing around literally IN the dogwood trees was a summer pastime for us as kids.  We, of course, fall head over heels for any print that invokes that level of nostalgia... and in this case, so much so that we actually bought additional pieces from this collection.  The bright colors, floral print and flat rayon fabric are going to make this the absolute most wonderful collection for Summer...but of course we couldn't wait until then.

I (Katie) originally planned to wear this outfit with white sandals and a big ol' Summer hat, but when I woke up this morning it was 30 degrees...so my stubborn self opted to still wear shorts, but to 'winterize' them a bit.  I brought my large coat with me, but wanted to snag some pictures with and without the cardigan to fully show off how wonderful the Lena Blouse is. This collection was flat (not stretch) rayon so I opted for a 4 in it, at 35" bust I probably could've sized down to a 2, but I love being comfortable.  In the High-Waist Shorts, I followed the sizing that I took for the Chambray Shorts and sized up to a 6.  There is minimal stretch, so I definitely made the right choice

I (Amanda) took a size 2 in the Alexa Dress which is smaller than my normal size 4, but I think I might have lost some weight from bar exam stress.  The top runs a bit blouse-y so definitely take that into account when you're selecting your size if you're not well endowed (like me haha).  So that I didn't have bra showing issues due to the plunge neckline I'm wearing my Gossard Plunge Bra with the dress.  I think my favorite part about the dress is the little cross-cross petal sleeves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment