Wine Dots

Monday, December 5, 2016

 
Katie: Audrey Mini Dress in Wine Dots c/o Trashy Diva | Matilda T-Strap Heels c/o Susi
 Bangles - Luxulite | Be My Cherry Pie Brooch c/o Erstwilder 

Amanda: Camilla Dress in Wine Dots c/o Trashy Diva  |  The Ice Skater Cardigan c/o Emmy Design
Classic Hardware Scotty Dog Brooch - Trashy Diva  |  Beige Heels - thrifted  |  Cherry Hat - vintage

I may be the minority in this, but my favorite Trashy Diva dresses are always of the 'Mini' variation.  From the Annette Mini to the Trixie Mini, I am just a sucker for anything that hits well above my knee so, the Audrey Mini has me absolutely in love!  Since the length is shorter, the modest high neckline balances the dress out to make an overall preppy-inspired look.  For those who will want to know, I am 5'7" with a super long torso and I completely love where the dress hits.  Most of this collection comes across as very 1940s inspired, and I like that this dress is slightly more 1950s and modern, yet still elegant.  Since Georgia weather flip flops and can never stay cold, the Audrey Mini Dress in Wine Dots is a great transition piece and I can't wait to try and make it more Winter appropriate with thick leggings and booties.  As far as sizing goes, I must admit, I was terrified to size down to a 2.  I am pretty  consistently a size 4 in everything, especially during this time of year when I'm doing nothing but eating carbs 24/7. However, the stretch rayon is a magic fabric and so stretchy and I was easily able to size down to a 2.

I really wanted to pair this dress with a navy cardigan, but I realized with all of the color cardigans I have somehow navy is missing!  What a total shame, but I did toss in a navy bangle to get that little nod of color.

Switching perspectives here I (Amanda) have reviewed the Camilla Dress before when it was released in the Ruffled Feathers collection (see that here).  I love how petite friendly this style is so, when I saw it was making a come back in Wine Dots, I knew it was the dress for me. Also, stretch rayon, y'all I've said it before but this fabric is like butter.  I waiver between a 2 and a 4 depending on style but, I took a 2 in this one.  I've really been digging 40s styles lately so, when I woke up to shoot these photos and saw it was 40 degrees outside, I thought it would look really cute with my Emmy Design Ice Skater Cardigan and ended up loving them together.  I've had a couple people ask me if this style was cardigan-friendly and my little trick is to take the flutter sleeves and tuck them into the bodice of the dress.  That way, you don't have weird lines in your sweater sleeves!

// See our past Trashy Diva reviews, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment