Friday Favorites #72

Friday, October 14, 2016

And, we're back to our regularly scheduled programming!  As y'all know, we went on a road trip last weekend and this week has been a whirlwind for both of us catching back up in our day job offices.  Katie got a promotion (YAAASSS) and I got.... sideswiped by a giant van so I'm driving around a rental Beetle for a little while and I'm just happy it wasn't worse.  Also, we're welcoming back "normal" Friday Favorites this week but if you're missing the Halloween ones (or missed them) check them out here.



I couldn't be MORE ready to start breaking out all my short sleeve sweaters and plaids.  I'm obsessed with all The Seamtress of Bloomsbury's things this year (seen in #1 and #5) and I'm determined that this is the year I'm going to start wearing suspender skirts and vintage jumpers (the dress kind, not the sweater) kind, like the Evelyn Suspender Skirt above.  Fall is always fun for me because I tend to gravitate towards other decades for style influence and it's always a lots of fun to change things up.

via Storybook Cosmetics
 We can't get enough of these makeup brushes based on the wands in Harry Potter and we can only pray to the makeup gods we're quick enough to get 2 sets when they're released. HOW AMAZING ARE THESE?!

via Tinsel Town Accessories
I've made a few brooches for myself in the past but they usually come out sort of awful and I always feel like I could use some guidance so I was really excited to find this eBook by Va-Voom Vintage called Pins for Pin Ups - DIY Brooches for Retro Girls.  Definitely going to be downloading it as soon as I make it through finals and trying my hand at a brooch crafternoon.


Also, I have to give my husband SO many props for this one, absolutely smitten with my two year anniversary present, the local Nashville artist that did the piece is incredibly talented.

// Past Friday Favorites posts can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment