Autumn Leaves + Cinnamon

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Beige Lace-Up shoes - Aldo (similar)

I'm happy it's finally cooling down here for lots of reasons but, one of the main ones is that I get to break out my autumn/winter wardrobe.  As much as I love a comfy cotton sundress and bright colors, I have a lot fun changing the pace up a bit during cooler days and exploring some 40s inspired looks.  My summer wardrobe is about a half and half split between reproduction and vintage but I'd say my autumn/winter wardrobe is mostly vintage with pieces from a few brands I really love thrown in there and one of those is emmy design.

When I'm buying for fall/wainter, I tend to pick separates over dresses so I can layer more so, I always try to select pieces I can mix and match with other pieces in my wardrobe.  As for sizing, I've been seeing lots of questions pop up lately about sizing on the Ice Skater Cardigan (pictured above) and I will say, as a petite lady, I do intentionally shrink mine a bit as even the smallest size, a 34/36, is a bit loose.  I learned an amazing trick last year though!  Take a squirt bottle with water in it, dampen the sweater (you can even pick specific areas), and dry it.  My sweater above is post-squirt bottle trick.

Last, I know some ladies are hesitant about the price but, I'm going into my third winter with some of my emmy pieces this year and they're still in amazing condition.  I personally tend to buy less during the colder seasons so I put a little bit more towards individual pieces that will become a staples.  Trust me, these pieces (especially these sweaters) are worth the investment.

// See our other posts featuring Emmy Design, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment