Trains + Butterprint

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Katie:  Yellow Mary Blair Train Border Aurora Dress - Pinup Girl Clothing
Magenta Cardigan c/o Doll Me Up |  Red Train Brooch c/o Deer Arrow
Red Suede Wedges - Nine West

Amanda:  Striped Top - The Original Bad Girl  |  High Waist Shorts - Urban Outfitters sample
Butterprint Pyrex Brooch c/o Deer Arrow  |  Mandalaye Ballet Flats - Amazon

We always love seeing what Deer Arrow is going to come up with and were totally floored with their last few collections which included pieces with nods to some of our favorite Disney characters + things but these pieces might be some of our favorites.  Katie is wearing the Train Brooch (two versions exist to match the two colorways of Pinup Girl Clothing's Mary Blair Trains pieces).  It's also the perfect statement brooch for outfits that need just a little more detail to them.  

I received the other colorway of the train brooch but couldn't help myself and knew I had to take the Pyrex Brooch out for a spin first!  I've been collecting and thrifting Pyrex for about 8 years now (at varying degrees of obsession) and died from excitement when I saw they were releasing this one!  Butterprint is one of my favorite Pyrex patterns (equal only to Gooseberry ;) ) and it reminds me of my grandma and her big mixing bowl she always makes chocolate cake in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment