Sherbet + Monochrome

Friday, July 29, 2016

1950s Party Dress - vintage (similar) | Ballerina Brooch c/o Deer Arrow 
Canvas Underskirt - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Black Heels - Modcloth (similar)

Katie and I decided recently that we were going to try to make more of an effort to share the vintage pieces in our closets.  I think we typically shy away from them on the blog because unless someone gets really lucky, they're one-of-a-kind.  But, I recently ended up at an outdoor vintage market here in Nashville and found this and a TON of other things from Pink Star Vintage (she vends at Fanny's House of Music and Pre to Post Modern) and decided this monochrome dress that came with a pretty peach-pink cummerbund belt was too good not to share.  I still need to take it my my seamtress and have it taken in and shortened, but I love how unique it is!

In all honestly, I've been so busy lately I've been throwing on the first dress I can get away with wearing without a bra and running out the door to study so it was nice to dress up for a day!  After cutting a few inches off my hair about a month ago, I've been trying new curl methods and curlers and once I sort of perfect the method with the newest ones, I can't wait to share them with y'all! So be on the lookout for that! The results will probably be a lot better once I successfully battle this southern humidity. haha


No comments:

Post a Comment