Lilac Atomic

Friday, July 15, 2016

Amanda: Lilac Atomic Debbie Dress c/o Trashy Diva  |  Arrow Pin Brooch - Merriweather
Canvas Underskirt - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent Heels
(they were my wedding shoes, the cherries are removable)

KatieLilac Atomic Dottie Blouse + Gathered Mini Skirt + Gingham Lena Top - Trashy Diva 
  Coral Flats - Amazon | Purple Cherry Brooch - Luxulite


Trashy Diva has been KILLING IT (and our wallets) lately with all the new print releases!  Last month, we introduced y'all to the Mahjong Collection (post here) and this month we're back at it again with the Lilac Atomic Collection!  The print is a nod to atomic age abstract prints and is something we never would've expected from Trashy Diva -- but was the absolute best surprise and is even better in person than in photos.  Also, lavender is a totally underrated color and I can't wait to see how people style these pieces!

Along with the release of this new collection came a new style, the Debbie Dress.  In my opinion, the Debbie Dress is sort of a hybrid of their Deb Dress and the Apple Tart Dress I styled in this post.  The dress features wide straps, a full circle skirt, huge pockets and sweet little ruffles on the bust.  I added an underskirt for a little bit of shape.  As for fit, I usually waiver between a 2 and a 4 in Trashy Diva and though I chose the 4 this time, I think I could comfortably size down to a 2, as it was roomy.  I think ladies between sizes who are on the busty side may want to size up for extra room in the bust.  This is the most daylight my boobs have seen outside a swimsuit in years but... I love this dress y'all.  I actually have a "special bra" for my lower cut Trashy Diva styles and I couldn't recommend it more, you can find it here.

I (Katie) generally size up 2 sizes in skirts in Trashy Diva pieces from a size 2 to a size 6, because I'm the queen of being comfy.  For the Lilac Atomic Gathered Mini Skirt I opted for a size 4 and it fit super comfy since the skirt has a slight stretch.  The Dottie Blouse is such a fun top for Summer and makes me feel like Marilyn Monroe.  I didn't wear a bra with the top and I felt like the top gave me just enough support to not feel lewd.  I also paired the Lilac Atomic collection with my Gingham Lena Top, because y'all know mixing prints with gingham is our fav! 

No comments:

Post a Comment