Hamilton + Venice

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Katie:   Black Striped Strawberry Venice Playsuit c/o Unique Vintage | Sunhat - Similar
Confetti Lucite Brooch - Luxulite | Bow Flats - Target | Red Belt - Similar

Amanda:  Green + White Striped Hamilton Dress c/o Unique Vintage | 8" Black Sun Hat - Amazon
Hansel Heels - BAIT Footwear | Watermelon Clutch - Kate Spade | Bracelets - Splendette


We fell in love with our monthly Unique Vintage picks this month and were so excited to share them with y'all.  I feel like rompers are often overlooked when it comes to vintage reproduction styles which is a bummer, because we are romper/playsuit fanatics. The "perfect" romper is comfy and cute and lets you wear it 1) without putting in much effort (which is the definition of perfect in my book) and 2) without making you look like a toddler haha).  I will say, that I’ve bought other rompers that do not work on my super long torso and wide hips, but I sized-up to a medium in this Strawberry Venice Playsuit and it works perfect.  Originally, a rope style belt came with the piece, but it didn’t cinch my waist in so I opted for a more structured belt.

Amanda chose the Hamilton Dress, which I'm also excited about because it was one of my favorite things and now we can share ;)  It's designed to mimic a vintage day dress and they did an amazing job recreating such a classic style.  The straps tie in little bows so they're fully adjustable, there are cute little faux buttons on the bodice and one GIANT pocket (it fit my iPhone and my car keys).  We felt like it ran a bit big and would recommend sizing down if you're on the line.
 

1 comment: