Mahjong

Monday, June 13, 2016


Katie:  Mahjong Shirtwaist Dress c/o Trashy Diva | Citron Green Head Scarf - Vintage 
Butterscotch Carved Bangle c/o Splendette | Heels c/o Miss L Fire

Amanda: Mahjong Trixie Short Dress - Trashy Diva  |  Pointy Toe Ballet Flats - Amazon
Bakelite Mahjong Tile Brooch - vintage (similar)  |  The Spencer Wide Brimmed Hat - Lack of Color


When we first saw Trashy Diva’s Asian-inspired Mahjong Collection, we were thrilled for a novelty print that looked so similar to authentic vintage.  We love all the floral prints Trashy Diva has been putting out lately, but man oh man do we love their novelty prints.  To make this collection even more amazing, it is made of the lightweight cotton voile aka the best fabric ever for how hot and muggy it is in the south!  I don't think I can resist cotton voile print dresses..they are my kryptonite and this is a fabric that Trashy Diva hasn't released a print on in several years (some of our favorite TD pieces are this fabric).

I know y'all are probably wondering about the fit.  We can't speak for every piece from the collection, but can tell you specifically about the Shirtwaist Dress and the Short Trixie Dress from the collection.  My (Katie) measurements are 35-25 and I'm usually a 4 in most Trashy Diva dresses.  I actually sized down in the Shirtwaist Dress to a size 2, and found that it fit very comfortably.  I would say that if my bust were any bigger that I would have sized up to a 4 just to avoid any button gaping.   I (Amanda) also prefer a 4 in most Trashy Diva Dresses just so they fit a bit looser.  The Trixie is sized XS-XL and the ladies over at TD recommended the XS for me 34-24 measurements. I thought it was a bit snug and probably would size up to an S.  I LOVED the length and couldn't recommend it more for petite ladies (I'm 4'11" for reference).

One of our favorite things about this print are all of the colors, which make the styling options virtually endless.  I'm just imaging all of the cropped cardigans that will match in the cooler months.  Also, if separates are more your thing the skirts and tops in the collection would be so fun to mix and match and the accompanying citron green pieces are BEAUTIFUL!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment