Whurl'in

Friday, May 6, 2016

Dress - Vintage Purchased from Sam on the Whurl App | Heart Fakelite Brooch - Merriweather
White Hair Scarf c/o Doll Me Up | Yelow Ida Heels - BAIT Footwear 

First, I have to acknowledge how long overdue this post is.  I've been using the Whurl app for months and months now, and I've just been too busy to sit down and write a full post on it.  However, when I received this striped dress from Whurl I knew I HAD to blog it so it was the perfect opportunity!  So often y'all ask me where I buy my vintage, what search terms I use when shopping for vintage and a multitude of other questions about hunting for good vintage clothing.  I use to swear by Etsy, which I still use, but my obsession for finding 1960s vintage is Whurl.  My clothing obsession is 1960s shift dresses with funky collars and I cannot even begin to tell y'all how many I have found on Whurl.  It's seriously a magical, wonderful community of vintage goodies.

Whurl was created by Sam who is an earth angel and wonderful human.  When I first opened the Whurl app my initial reaction was that it was Etsy + Pinterest's vintage clothing lovechild.  It's a vintage marketplace for shopping, BUT you can post what you're desperately in search of and sellers can post their items that are similar or exactly what you're looking for.  So instead of scrolling through 953 pictures (which I mean, I still like to do) you can post a picture of what you want and people will show you what they have to offer.  It makes lurking and searching for vintage SO much easier.  That's not to say you can't just scroll through endless amount of pictures of what's for sale, because you can still do that if you want!  

Lastly, on May 2 Whurl released a lookbook that took my breath away.  The lookbook featured pieces that were all for sale on Whurl and were selected from sellers across the country.  I love seeing such lovely snapshots of all the vintage that's available! 



No comments:

Post a Comment