Stripes + Serenity

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Yellow Ione Heels - BAIT Footwear | UFO Brooch - Kate Gabrielle | Blue Hair Scarf - Amazon

Amanda:  Bernie Dexter Dress in Serenity Path c/o Unique Vintage | Peony Wristlet - Kate Spade  
Ida Heels in Pink - BAIT Footwear | The Spencer Wide Brimmed Hat - Lack of Color


We've been wearing a ton of vintage off the blog lately and I think we've mentioned it before but, we sort of keep our vintage under lock and key because we're so hard on our clothing (we tend to save vintage for special occasions).  We're trying to get better about wearing our vintage out more but also, we're keeping our eyes out for reproduction pieces that mimic our favorite vintage pieces a little more closely and recently, we lurked around on the Unique Vintage and found a couple pieces we thought fit the bill.  We also decided to make little reference boards of some of our all time favorite vintage pieces that may have helped inspire the reproductions.

When I saw the Mod Striped Flare Dress I instantly knew it had to be on my body.  The stretchy material made the dress extremely comfy and the scalloped hem gave it just enough quirky flare to not be a plain dress.  It is SUPER short.  So if you're taller than me you may want to rethink this decision.  I couldn't bend over at all in this dress even with bloomers on.  That didn't stop me though, because I felt like a mod cheerleader who would rather be hanging out with the weird kids under the bleachers than going to cheer practice.

I always love Bernie's landscape border prints but this Serenity Path print just might be my new favorite (as per the usual Paris style fit, the bust is a bit snug and the waist is a bit loose for those interested in fit info). Also, sidenote, I added the belt from another Bernie dress I own, it does not come with one.  I wore the dress to spend a day at the local botanical gardens over the weekend and was so excited to find this little pond to snap photos by and to explore the grounds since they're always changing up the installations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment