Gingham + Harlequin

Monday, May 16, 2016

Amanda: Pink Lemonade Dress + Lemon Wedge Clutch c/o Doll Me Up
Betty Heels in Yellow c/o Miss L Fire  |  Straw Boater Hat - thrifted (similar)
Paper Roses Brooch c/o Luxulite  |  Bracelets - vintage Bakelite and Splendette

White Roller Necklace - Pip Jolley | Elusion Flats - Steve Madden  


It's our monthly Doll Me Up post (past posts here)!  When we made our choices this month we tried to base them off the items people mentioned in the comments section of our giveaway posts from last month so we could give y'all a bit of a review.  Coincidentally, when it comes down to prints or patterns that define our style I'd say that gingham + harlequin are the two that we always come back to.  It seems that no matter the colorway or style these two patterns just always speak to us.

I (Amanda) loved the Pink Lemonade Dress the first time I saw it and I think it will be great for hot days.  It's a very thin, light fabric but it's also lightly lined in the skirting and the straps are adjustable.  I will say it doesn't have pockets and if you're looking for fit advice, I definitely think the bust runs a bit snug.  As for my weekend, I spent most of my weekend at Nashville Boogie (so much fun!) but spent Sunday hanging out around town and starting some new Podcasts (speaking of which, is anyone else a podcast listener? What are your favorites?).

Since I (Katie) just got back from a business trip, where I had to comply and wear business dresses and blazers all week, it felt liberating to finally get to wear a bright, colorful outfit.  I've been eyeing this skirt for ages now and the mint top just felt like the perfect companion to the skirt.  I haven't worn a turtleneck style top in years so it was an adventure in fashion for me to style it.  Also, if there are any items in the Doll Me Up shop you'd be interested in hearing us review, let us know!


No comments:

Post a Comment