Friday Favorites #61

Friday, May 13, 2016


1.  Sweetheart Cross Back Top  -  StyleCamp
2.  Lemons + Oranges Skirt  -  Call Me Betty
3.  Black Ballet Flat - Melissa
4.  Orange Mickey Brooch - JollyHollieday
5.  Rainbow Stripes Cotton Dress  -  PAIISSARA
6.  Disneyland Ticket Phone Case: Pink  // Clear  - Etsy
7. Pink Ballet Flat - Melissa

 I found myself eating a Popsicle and thinking about summer while simultaneously dreaming of finally being able to visit Disneyland when I was making this post (we're living vicariously through so many of you ladies) and this was the result.  Collin and I went to Disney World on our honeymoon and had so much fun, but it never hurts to experience the best of both worlds!

As for the cute things I picked this week, I really love a lot of the basics the etsy shop Style Camp has been making (and the inexpensive price point) including this Sweetheart Cross Back Top and I've been thinking about picking one up.  I was looking for fruit themed brooches when I spotted this Orange Mickey Brooch which would look equally adorable with this Lemons + Oranges Skirt or the infamous Pinup Girl Clothing Jenny Skirt in Orange Print (or hell even the Rainbow Stripes Cotton Dress in the style board above).  Also, FINALLY, the black flats so many of you have asked about have popped back up for sale again, so here they are in Black and Pink!


Who else heard the new that Bath & Body Works is bringing back some of the '90s scents?! I need to go hoard Country Apple and Georgia Peach while I still can... middle school Amanda is SO STOKED right now.


As per our new norm of posting past, present or fictional fashion icons every Friday Favorites, this week I've chosen the Queen of Rockabilly, Wanda Jackson, who is also sometimes known as the female Elvis.  Nashville Boogie Rockabilly Weekender is this weekend and to get myself in the mood, I've been listening to a TON of Wanda.  She actually still performs today and is just as badass as ever after coming out of retirement after some coaxing by Jack White.  Wanda follows our favorite "the bigger the hair, the closer to God" ethos and also puts fringe on EVERYTHING and... who could hate that?!  Watch one of her old performances and hear some of her music here, it's worth a watch, she's an amazing performer.


image via Kirbee Lawler
I absolutely LOVE all the new stuff Kirbee Lawler is coming out with including this Light My Fire brooch and her Peachy Keen, Dandelion and Bumble Bee brooches (and pretty much everything else in her shop).


//  Our past Friday Favorites posts can be found here.





No comments:

Post a Comment