Rose Colored Glasses

Wednesday, April 27, 2016



Mule Heels in White - Pinup Girl Clothing | Heart + Arrow Brooch - Merriweather | Bracelets - Splendette
Garbo Turban + Lucille's Ball Purse - The Pink Collar Life


I'm always up for trying something new with my style or choosing something that's a total 180 of what I'd normally gravitate towards.  One of my favorite ways to change it up is by channeling the style of people I admire!  Though I'll never achieve Lauren Bacall status or be able to elegantly run in a pencil skirt like Marilyn, I occasionally like to pretend that I have an inner-vixen and pull out a pencil skirt.  I blogged a more winter-y version of this Vivien of Holloway pencil skirt a little while ago (post here) but, I was excited to wear this pretty pink one and pair it with a springy option, like this Gypsy Top and my Pink Collar Life accessories (which I need to break out more often because they are beautiful).

A little fit advice, I absolutely LOVE this gypsy top.  It's a light, unlined fabric but it was thick enough not to see my bra through (so long as my bra is white haha).  It has an elasticized waist (and does not have a side or back zipper, it just slips over your head).  I felt the elasticized waist actually helped keep the top tucked into my skirt, so I was stoked about that.  The skirt is a light, lined wool so while it may be a bit how for summer, I think it'll be great for all other seasons.  They run a bit snug though, so size up if you're on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment