Poppies + Bows

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Poppy Field Brooch c/o Erstwilder  |  Ballet III Flats - Melissa  |  Black Belt - Pinup Girl Clothing

Black Belt - Pinup Girl Clothing | Love Letter Brooch - MerriWeather | Flats - Amazon


As always, we're excited to bring y'all our monthly Doll Me Up post (past posts here).  We have a lot of fun with these and we usually pick a piece each that we've seen being discussed regularly in style Facebook groups or, something we love but would normally be apprehensive to wear.  This month, we chose one of each!  The Dashing Crop Top is not something I'd normally select for myself but I'm drawn to off the shoulder tops and thought the little keyhole was adorable.  I'm glad I went for it, because I LOVE it.  I will say, it's realllly little.  It stretched a bit throughout the day but I'd recommend sizing up at least one, but maybe even two sizes if you're between sizes. And, of course, the Poppies Skirt is everything I expected + more, the print is beautiful (and POCKETS!).

I don't think a month goes by where one of us doesn't end up rocking a Tootsie Cropped Cardigan in our Doll Me Up post because we love them so much.  We've spotted a few people asking about sizing + care for them so we thought we'd share our input.  For sizing, we think they're true to size.  If you normally wear a Small, buy a Small.  We both prefer a tighter fit so when available, we'll go ahead and order an XS but in this post, Katie is wearing a Small and it looks great both unbuttoned and buttoned.  For care, we know sweaters like this are prone to pulling. For that reason, we'll wear them a couple of times before washing but then, we wash inside out, in cold water and lay flat to dry.  This has helped reduce pilling A TON but in an emergency pilling situation, we also love these little sweater shavers.

No comments:

Post a Comment