In Bloom

Friday, March 25, 2016

Bernadette Dress c/o Tatyana | Carved Wine Hoop Earrings c/o Splendette 
Black Wedges - Similar | Rago Waist Cincher - Amazon 

Have you ever seen something online and then when you put it on it looked nothing like you expected?  I know that is how a lot of online shopping goes, and I don't think I've ever really had a moment like that until I put on the Bernadette Dress by Tatyana.  I feel in love with this dress online, and it looked like such a fun take on a classic shift dress.  I ordered my normal sizing knowing that Tatyana usually runs a tad big and that the material would be stretchy, but what I didn't take into account was just how unforgiving it would be.

This dress shows every curve, lump and bump on my body, and at first that really freaked me out.  Initially I felt really down on myself, and felt super insecure.  After sulking for a while, I realized that this is my body and although this dress didn't fit the way I intended it was still something I wanted to wear.  So I sucked it up, ate some ice cream and then I put on my favorite shapewear, my rago waist cincher, and felt so much better about the way this dress looked on me.  This shapewear takes off about 2 inches from my hips, which can make such a big difference!  It still shows all of my lumps and bumps, but a little more smoothed out so that it isn't taking away from the beauty that is this dress.  The details of this dress are really what should shine--I mean, that bodice is freakin' outstanding.  Plus, I loved that I could wear it to the office on casual Friday and then head and grab some sangria afterwards and not have to change.  That's a win in my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment