Cherry on Top

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Vickie Dress in Green c/o Tatyana
Vintage Cherry Hat - Salvages via Etsy | Leopard Heels - Kensie (similar)
Straight Through the Heart Brooch - Merriweather  |  Lucille's Ball Purse - The Pink Collar Life


I've been looking for pieces lately that transition more easily from work to "play" and stumbled across the Vickie Dress by Tatyana.  It's a thick stretchy cotton so it's really comfy for a wiggle dress and I love the slash neck and the slimming effect of the criss-cross at the waist.  I have to wear a sweater every day (no matter the weather) to cover my tattoos at work so I always love finding good, cute 3/4 sleeve dresses.  I think I might snag the black and red version of it while I still can!

In totally unrelated news, I've been heavily relying on heatstyling my hair into vintage waves lately because of the length (and yet, I can't bring myself to cut it) but, I miss the staying power of wet sets so, I decided to reach out to the girls in the Vintage Updos for Modern Girls Facebook Group for some tips on new curl methods to try, brush-outs, different setting lotions, etc..  I worked in some Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion,  sectioned it, curled it into 1 inch sponge curlers and slept in it then I brushed it for about an hour (literally) with my Denman then a boar bristle brush and was really happy with the results.  I'm excited to keep playing around with different ways to wet set and hone my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment