Winter Wonderland

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

 
Amanda: Pussybow Top in White + Trixie Skirt in Winter Wonderland (similar) c/o Doll Me Up
Faux Fur Wrap - Amazon  |  Belt - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Gabrielle Heels in Green c/o Miss L Fire

Skunkboy Glasses - Bonlook | Irella Grey Heels - BAIT Footwear | Brooch - Luxulite | Purse - Fossil


Every month, we select a couple of pieces we're curious about from Doll Me Up to review for y'all (and you might see a bit of a pattern, because we admittedly have our favorites).  You can find our past posts here but this month we decided on some some light blue pieces in some sort of optimism we'd finally see cooler days (we were wrong).  I chose the Pussybow Top in White which is absolutely adorable but I will say I had to roll the sleeves because they were pretty long on me.  It has a cute little pussybow tie and the broader shoulder build you often see in 40's blouses, it's stretchy so I'd say they run pretty true to size.  I paired it with the Winter Wonderland Skirt (which is Bernie Dexter) since I'd never tried the Trixie Style skirt before.  It has little pockets per Bernie's usual and I can't wait to wear it throughout winter. 

I (Katie) am wearing the Mrs. Aline Skirt.  It's really comfortable and lightweight which makes it the perfect skirt to wear on it's own or layer over tights.   I initially picked out this skirt in hopes of wearing it with tights, but the weather had a mind of it's own! I paired it with out hands down favorite sweater, the Tootsie Cardigan, this time going with ice blue which is already surprisingly coordinating with more in my wardrobe than I thought it would.

In other, unrelated news, we're pouring over all the books we received for Christmas so if anyone needs a good recommendation, Dita's book Your Beauty Mark is everything we'd hoped it would be and if you're into sci-fi, June just finished Old Man's War by John Scalzi and it was amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment