June's Little Home: Christmas Edition

Friday, December 18, 2015

chunky knit scarf c/o Tokyo Blossom

Well, we had a totally different post planned for today but yesterday was full of holiday craziness in the best possible way. In Katie's case, she worked a half day and found out for her company Christmas party, they rented an entire movie theater and got to see The Force Awakens before anyone else in our little hometown.  In my case, Collin + I decided we were going to visit Jellystone Park to see the the Dancing Lights of Christmas which was awesome in all it's over-the-top glory.  You pull up, turn your headlights off, turn your radio to the station they tell you and there is about a 10 minute drive through a TON of Christmas lights which are synced up to the music.  Then, you go to Santa's village and explore so we drank apple cider and ate deep fried Oreos. Seriously y'all, we love cheesy Christmas festivities, so of course, we also got our picture taken with Santa. After that, we drove over to the Opryland Hotel and explored because they go all out every year and it's so worth spending a couple of hours exploring.

Needless to say, I'd snapped some photos of the Christmas decor around my house and thought, this would be the perfect day to post them.  The first few photos are from the day a couple weeks ago when I found my vintage aluminum Christmas tree at the flea market.  After a good deal and a little TLC, I love it and I'm so happy to finally have one. Now, I just have to hunt down a few spare branches and a color wheel.  Also, yes, we have a surplus of bell jars thanks to Collin's curiosities collection so I filled one with ornaments and tinsel, because, why not? ;)

What do your Christmas decorations look like?
We'd love to see them, feel free to post photos, below!

No comments:

Post a Comment