Gentry's Farm

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

 
Odile Dress c/o Act Three Apparel  | Creme Knee Socks - American Apparel  |  Leve Flats - Amazon
Keiko Glasses - Bonlook   |  Lip Color: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo

I'll start by saying YAYYYY; this is unofficially our first "fall" post!  The weather here has been beautiful lately so I decided to wake up early and head to Gentry's Farm which is where I've been picking out my pumpkins since preschool, except for the 10+ years I lived in Georgia and had to cheat.  I wandered around for a while and had a craving for hot apple cider so I went to Starbucks and had them steam some apple juice and throw a pump of chai in there (it's amazing y'all, seriously try it).  Then I decided to start re-reading of one of my favorite books, Coraline, (by my hands down favorite author, Neil Gaiman and yep, it was a book before it was a movie). 

You'll notice I'm flying solo in this post for a change and that's because in our almost 2 years of blogging (in February, eep), I've never blogged a specialty petite brand, though I'm only 4'10".  The primary reason for that is that Katie is 5'7" and we prefer to work together but, when I stumbled across Act Three Apparel (which can be purchased here) and read about a brand born from a designer that had an equally difficult time finding clothing that wasn't ill-fitting, I jumped at the chance to share it with y'all.  Her designs are '50s and '60s inspired and as someone who likes to mix it up, I have to say, this is the first '60s inspired mini dress I've EVER bought off the rack that hit above the knee without me paying to get it altered.  The quality is beautiful, the fit is everything I've been looking for in a petite brand and I couldn't recommend her more.

What is your favorite fall treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment