Pretty Parcel

Monday, September 21, 2015


 
Amelia: Desert Dream Dress c/o Pretty Parcel | Wicker Purse - Vintage | Cateye Glasses - Raybans
In a Classic of It's Own Heel - Modcloth Green Scarf - Vintage (Similar)

June:  When 2 Become 1 Matchy Set c/o Pretty Parcel  |  Scottie Dog Fakelite Brooch - LilyAshly
Red Ballasox Flats c/o Corso Como  |  Bracelets - vintage Bakelite  |  Lip Color: Stila Liquid Lipstick in Beso

To celebrate the last signs of summer it seemed appropriate to wear this cactus print dress from Pretty Parcel on my walk around town.  Since the dress is a nice, thin cotton the 3/4 length sleeves didn't make me too hot in our traditional humid weather.  This dress is currently sold out on the site, but there are tons of other pretty prints to choose from!  I'm so happy that I was able to snag this one, because I always joke to June that this dress represents all sorts of irony with me wearing it.  I literally cannot keep any plant or flower alive..and that includes cacti.  So instead of trying to grow flowers of my own I just wear clothes with floral/plant prints on them and enjoy what others have planted!

So, I love a good skirt and top set. But, being a petite lady, the the likeliness of the top of one of those sets fitting like it's intended... is slim-to-none.  The When 2 Become 1 Matchy Set actually has a cropped top, but it was long enough on me that I could tuck it in so, I made lemons into lemonade and added a belt.  Wearing the pieces together sort of makes the set resemble a dress, but I love the versatility of having two piece sets so I can mix 'n' match them with other pieces for future wears... and look at those cute little buttons down the back!  Also, unrelated, but when did my hair get so long?! It snuck up on me!

// Don't forget to enter our giveaway with Erstwilder, 5 ladies will win a $100 (AUD) Erstwilder.com gift card and you still have 3 days to enter, click here.
 
What did you do over the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment