June's Wedding: Part IV, Anniversary + Details

Monday, September 28, 2015


Yesterday was my one year wedding anniversary! WHERE DID TIME GO?!  It's been such a crazy year and it's even crazier thinking about how long I've known Collin.  We met when we went to prom in the same group when I was a senior in high school.  It took us a year or so but we ended up dating after getting to know each other better in college and at shows.  We dated a few years, took a break, survived college, culinary school, a signed/touring band, the start of law school and a 6 hour apart move... but, I suppose if you're meant to be with someone, your paths will cross again and, that they did.  Collin asking me to come by his work for old time's sake turned into a late night coffee date and the next time I came by the lights were dimmed, the tables were moved and "I Want to Know Your Plans" by Say Anything was playing.  We danced in an empty coffee shop and  I ended up stuck with him again ;) and a few months later, he proposed (incredibly post post with that story here).

We have a ton of photos from our wedding and after I looked through them again, I realized I'd never shared any of the decor/details or our reception so, what better time than for our anniversary? (Past wedding posts can be found here).  So, here they are! Also, sorry in advance, but this post will probably make you crave sweets.  All photos were shot by Ulmer Studios who were sweet enough to travel for our wedding.


I want to state, for the record, this is empirical evidence that Katie and I are literally the world's WORST dancers. Like, the absolute worst, I was laughing so hard I was crying at all the candid shots of us dancing so I included bonus photos of Katie breaking it down and me doing finger guns.. why? I have absolutely no idea. It's embarrassing; but, it needed to be shared.


I can't believe how much we've changed in a year, we look so different!  We spontaneously ended up with passes to an event so we spent our anniversary at The Pilgrimage Music Festival watching some of our favorite bands.  I'm so lucky to have ended up with the person I considered for years to be the "one that got away" and I can't wait for a lifetime of spontaneity and continued adventures with him. 

For more information about our photographers:
Ulmer Studios
For a little more of our wedding:
Proposal // Bachelorette Party   //   Wedding Invitations // The Wedding: Getting Ready
The Wedding: The Bride, The Groom + The Wedding Party // The Ceremony // Disneymoon


Feel free to post your own wedding photos + inspiration in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment