Fair + Frill

Friday, September 18, 2015

 
Navy + White Gingham Dress c/o Unique Vintage  |  Cherry Necklace - OASAP
Underskirt - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Red Ida Heels - BAIT Footwear (sold out, similar here)
Keiko Cateye Glasses in Roxy Noir - Bonlook  |  Bracelets - vintage Bakelite + Splendette

"The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not." - The Night Circus.

It might not QUITE be a circus but, finally, THE FAIR HAS ARRIVED!  Fall is my favorite season for about a million reasons: cardigan weather, hot tea, caramel apple lollipops, Halloween... and all the State and County Fairs!  The Tennessee State Fair popped up within the last couple of weeks, so Collin and I knew we had to go as soon as we could.  My weekends have been filled with daily study group thanks to midterms in some partial semester classes; but, we woke up really early Sunday and were at the gates as soon as they opened.  The weather was awesome so I decided to take this  Navy + White Gingham Dress out for a spin because 1) gingham and 2) giant ass bow. A fun dress for a fun day. (I will mention, I got my normal size, but found the dress ran incredibly large, I definitely recommend sizing down).

We wandered around, ate cotton candy, played games, won a stuffed Rastafarian pickle (seriously, that's a real thing) and  HUNG OUT WITH THE WEENIEMOBILE!  We even got a weenie whistle... childhood dreams, achieved!  Fairs give me the sweetest nostalgic feeling of reading one my favorite books for the first time, The Night Circus (I actually reviewed it here).  I always make sure to take this time of year to get my first Chai Tea Latte of the season, sit somewhere nice, re-read it and fall in love with it all over again.  The Harry Potter series also makes for an amazing Fall read if anyone is looking ;)

What are your favorite things about fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment