Renee + High Noon

Friday, August 14, 2015

Renee Dress in Red - Pinup Girl Clothing (gift from my bestie Ashley at Southern California Belle)
Casa Blanca Palm Hat - imogene + willie  |  Va Va Voluminous Petticoat - Modcloth
Cherry Slingbacks - Vivienne Westwood + Melissa |  Lip Color: Ulta Matte Lip Cream in Tender

A couple months ago my badass bestie Ashley, who blogs over at Southern California Belle sent Katie and I the most beautiful surprises ever.  My surprise package had a few lovelies in it, but included this Renee Dress.  I'd been talking about it in the abstract for a while so when it arrived my first reaction was "YAAASSSS" and my second reaction was.... I CAN'T WEAR THIS.  I put it on once, snapped a photo, sent it in our group chat and told them I'd probably never wear it again because I felt naked and self conscious.  But, I decided to hold onto it because it was a beautiful gift and maybe, one day, I'd feel confident enough to wear it.

Fast forward a couple of months, and I woke up feeling brave, tried it on and forced myself out of the house... and I love this dress.  It's so out of my comfort zone but so much fun.... and it has pockets!  I've also decided to try new lip colors lately but, since I'm experimenting with color and don't know what I'll love/hate, I decided to go the inexpensive route.  I fell in love with Matte Lip Creams from Ulta.  They're wonderful and only $9.  This one is called Tender.

 High Noon Dress - Dangerfield Clothing | Hair Scarf - Vintage (Similar)  
Black Heart Brooch - Mrs. Polly's Lucite | Black Jelly Shoes - Kohls (Similar)
Ray-Ban Cateye Glasses - Amazon  |  Lip color: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso

I am still unsure if this dress from Dangerfield Clothing makes me feel more mod or more like Cher Horowitz from Clueless. I honestly don't mind either way, because both styles are 100% fabulous.  I originally bought this dress, because A.) it was on sale and B.) I couldn't wait to wear it in the fall.  So I hung the dress in my closet where it was supposed hibernate for 2 months....but I'm way too impatient.  I decided that this beautiful dress deserved to be worn.  It's weird that I used to really hate black, but now I find myself wearing it pretty frequently. I always got called Wednesday Addams in school, because I'm so pale so I think it's why I steered clear of black (even though I'm a huge Addams Family fan).  I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I have grown to love wearing black and find myself working it into my wardrobe more and more.

Are there any colors or fashions you steered clear of but later grew to love?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment