Pink + Navy Florettes

Wednesday, August 5, 2015


Kate Dress in Pink and Navy Florette c/o Karina Dresses | Mustard Heels - Modcloth (Similar
Kam Dhillon Glasses c/o Coastal.com | Hair Flower - Gift  |  Suitcase - Vintage

Wearing layers and petticoats in the summer months may literally be a form of punishment in certain places.  I cannot confirm this info, but it has been hot as hell lately here.  This is why I've been trying out new styles so frequently lately. I absolutely freakin' love having alternative options to giant swing-style dresses, and this light-weight Kate Dress is perfect for those days were I literally don't want to get dressed.  The dress is super comfortable and airy, which makes it perfect for these 103 degree days.  I thought that a more 1930's vibe with muted tones would really suit this dress and would let me play with a new look.  The simple, toned down look is pretty opposite from my novelty prints + crazy accessories so I admittedly felt a little under dressed, but I had a lot of fun pretending that I was going to hop a train with my vintage luggage.  The dress instantly made me feel like it could either be classed-up or could even channel some 1990's grunge vibes.  This time I opted for a more simple look, but I think it could be fun to style in different ways!  Who knows maybe I'll restyle this with a more Courtney Love edge. It is great to have such a versatile piece in my wardrobe!

What are your favorite versatile pieces in your wardrobe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment