Umbrellas + Pink Lemonade

Monday, July 6, 2015

Canvas Underskirt - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Straw Sunhat with Black Ribbon - Amazon
Off to the Laces Ballet Flats - Pinup Girl Clothing (similar)  |  Black + Woven Bracelets - Splendette

YAY for 3 day weekends!  I was really excited for this long weekend so I could spend some time lounging around at home + exploring around town with Collin.  We spent the 4th of July stopping by a friend's new home, eating sushi and watching Hulu and it was just a wonderful mini-staycation.  Also, at one point, I ended up at Goodwill and found an armful of vintage lawn flamingos and some Pyrex (which I of course, I bought and put in my cabinet here) so that was pretty awesome.

I think most Pinup Girl Clothing lovers who were following the release of the Mary Blair collection will agree that the wait for the Mary Blair Umbrellas Print seemed like an eternity which made it's recent release even MORE exciting! I opened the skirt felt like it was well worth the wait, I love the color, and the print is even better than expected.  I'd initially added a little chin ribbon to this hat to match the skirt, but realized how annoying that was about 10 minutes into wearing it, and shed the cute little ribbon. haha. RIP hat ribbon.

Milkshake Brooch - Deer Arrow | Mandalaye Flats - Amazon

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July weekend!  My office was closed on Friday so I've had an awesome extended break from work.  Unfortunately, Georgia decided it should do it's best impersonation of a rainforest so it rained on and off all weekend.  Which I know is great for the environment, but my poor frizzy hair is sad.  Luckily, I decided to do some 60's side bangs, because my normal bangs would have been pretty awful with all this rain.  Also, it gave me an excuse to re-watch all of Bob's Burgers, which is one of my all time favorite shows.  June and I both always laugh, because we would definitely be Linda if we were a character from Bob's Burgers.

I've said it before, but I really used to hate shorts UNTIL I tried Pinup Girl Clothing's shorts.  I have to size-up, because my waist-hip ratio, but I still absolutely love the way the shorts look.  These are my latest pair of shorts from PUG, and a big thanks goes to my lovely friend Ashley for picking them up for me.  The pink + green combo is one of my favorites for the summer, and I can already tell that these shorts will get a lot of wear from me.  I was kinda weary of the print at first, but I'm super happy I took the plunge, and now I think I need them in blue too.

How was your weekend?  Any fun Fourth of July stories? 

15 comments:

  1. Yasss Pyrex and Bob's Burgers! There's a huuuge 3 day vintage extravaganza down here in Mt. Dora 3 times a year and it is the best for finding reasonably priced pyrex as well as higher priced rare pieces. As far as Bob's Burgers, I am definitely a Tina hahaha. We got rained out too so we had to bring the cookout inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies are killing it in the wardrobe department again! Loving these colorful outfits, glad you both had a wonderful weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look beauuuuutiful and these color combinations are fantastic. <3
    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday I purchased the pastel yellow peasant top, but it was a hard decision between that color and the chartreuse lime! Now that I see both of them in action, I may end up getting that color too! Both colors are so pretty! <3 It's my first ever peasant top, so i hope I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These color combinations are amazing!! Very summery and sweet. Love love love. It sounds like you gals had a fabulous 4th. xo, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with the Jenny Skirt. You girls never disappoint with your fashion and blog posts. xoxo Mrs. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's one of the few Mary Blair Jenny pieces that I didn't get and now I'm regretting it, because I know that Amanda looks so good in it.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a great fourth! Yes--I am totally embracing the bright colors for Summer!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The yellow is the last one I have to get, and I'm not sure why because it's one of my favorites! I'm sure you'll love it! I am freakin' obsessed with them.

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Sammi! The bright color combos remind me of you <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Connie! I hope you had a great weekend, too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds amazing! I bet it's pyrex heaven!

    haha YESSSS I love a good 'Tina' person.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both of your outfits!!! Those shorts look so cute on you. I love the pattern on them. I really like the location you guys took these photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope at DisneylandJuly 6, 2015 at 7:19 PM

    Amanda - I would've kept the hat ribbon. At least for one cute pic! I LOVE the umbrella print and wanted to get the new Evelyn, BUT I'm saving my pennies for the Junebugs collection. I've been waiting for a long time for a petite friendly section and now that it's here I want to make sure that I shop from it so that PUG keeps it around forever and so I can save money on alterations! lol
    Katie - I love the color combination on you. It's so cheery! :)

    This weekend was chill. I'm not sure if you're aware but Barnes and Noble are doing some themed events (for example this Thursday is 60s day and last was 50s day) and Friday happened to be Doctor Who day. So my hubby, Sis and I went to check it out and played the trivia and picked up a Classic Who DVD set since they were offering a 20% discount that day only. I entered a goodie bag contest on a whim and forgot about it and then magically I got a call on Saturday afternoon that I won so that was a neat surprise! It was a Doctor Tote, a DW mug, a mini Tardis kit and a mini cyberman kit. So our weekend was heavy on the Brit-love despite it being America's birthday! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two are the most beautiful sorbet girls ahahha :)

    ReplyDelete