Strawberries + Flamingo Lagoon

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Milena Strawberry Playsuit c/o Collectif (can also be purchased here and here)  |  Red Parasol - Amazon
Nani Plain Swing Skirt c/o Collectif (also available here)  |  Mandalaye Flats - Amazon
Red Nylon Scarf - Amazon  | Pink Amelia Tote - Sun Jellies  |  Woven Bamboo Bangles - Splendette

Today was the last day of my little two week break from law school, so I decided to go on one last adventure.  The weather was supposed to be mid-80s and overcast, so I decided I'd head to the Nashville Zoo.  It actually ended up being in the high 90s and sunny (thanks a lot Apple weather) but I had so much fun wandering around, seeing all the animals and eating Dip 'n' Dots.  The flamingos lagoon is my favorite and I got a lot of laughs out of hearing kids try to wrap their minds around why they weren't flying away. Also, this parasol made me feel like the Tightrope Walker from Haunted Mansion.... which is always a plus.

This Milena Strawberry Playsuit from Collectif is not only wonderful for a trip to the zoo, but it's my VERY FIRST PLAYSUIT!  Being petite is both a blessing and a curse (usually a curse) so though I've tried on about 5934735689 rompers/playsuits, I've never found one that wasn't either 1) baggy in the crotch or 2) had excessive amounts of fabric between the bust and waist.  But, this one is PERFECT.  The back is shired elastic, it has pockets which are lined with cute little red ruffles (as are the bustline and legs) and the straps can be worn multiple ways, or removed completely.  Since I really love the look of 2 or 3 piece playsuits, I added the Nani Swing Skirt for a little versatility.

What's your favorite thing to do on a day off?

19 comments:

  1. That playsuit is adorable! You wear it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, and I love the versatility of the straps (which thankfully extends to my dress version of this). I have the opposite problem with some playsuits (not enough length in the crotch, lol), but this one fits you perfectly!


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look like a tightrope walker with that umbrella! Such a cute outfit!! I love that playsuit so much! I like it criss crossed the best I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh! i've been debating between the playsuit and the dress version with this fabric!!! You look amazing in this little romper - I think I may have just decided on which version to get!! I love that the straps can be placed in multiple spots! How do they change? Are there buttons on the inside of the playsuit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well thank you so much, Kacy! So glad I took a chance on it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Jeanette. Katie + I both use Canon Rebel SL1's and we alternate between a 18-55mm lens and a nifty fifty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sammi, you made me want to dress version of this and now I want to run away together into strawberry fields wearing strawberries. And HAHAHA I never thought of that and that sounds just as bad.... ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, that playsuit is SUPER cute!! I love it paired with the skirt too. Also, your hair is looking fabulous in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my wow that playsuit and skirt looks so cute on you! Loving all those flamingos in your photos as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just curious...are you wearing a corset with the play suit?

    ReplyDelete
  12. No ma'am, I stopped corseting back in early March and no longer wear one at all. I occasionally wear shapewear, but this day, I was just wearing a longline strapless bra.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well thank you so much! Also, I know, I wanted to move in and become one of them! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much, that's exactly the feel I was hoping for! And I know! I stood there and watched them forever but then I felt like my face was going to melt off, so I had to leave hahaha. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! And I thought the skirt was so much fun because it had pockets (actually, so did the playsuit) but it was nice to throw on once I left so that the outfit looked a little less casual. Also, thank you! I can't believe it survived the humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulously fun, dreamy summertime look! Strawberries are my favourite fruit for fashion, so this playsuit is making me knees turn to jelly - err, strawberry jam. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  17. This playsuit is the definition of summer! The strawberries make it so sweet and colorful. It looks like it was made for you!! My favorite thing to do on a day off is head up to Lake Tahoe (I'm about 30 mins away) and relax with my pup and boyfriend.

    Xo
    Erica

    ReplyDelete