Love Letter + Sea Shells

Friday, July 17, 2015


Mia Sea Shell Print Swing Skirt  + Alice Plain T-Shirt c/o Collectif |  Betty Tote c/o Sun Jellies
Hope's Love Letter Brooch - Erstwilder | Yellow Ione Heels - BAIT Footwear | Sun Hat - H&M

I'm officially the happiest girl in the world, because my sister has moved back to the South from North Dakota!  One of the first things she wanted to do was take a walk by the river and enjoy the sun so that's exactly what we did.  We headed out pretty early in the morning to try and avoid the heat the best we could, but that definitely was not the case.  We found a nice spot to sit and watch the ducks, and I decided to sit and read my newest book, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.  Now I'm pretty sure I want a pet duck....so Michael better be prepared for that. ;) 

Since the sun is not my friend I was sure to wear a big ass sun hat and my new sea shell print skirt from Collectif.  Amanda definitely inspired me to start wearing more hats, and they are now an essential part of my summer wardrobe.  I try and channel my inner-mermaid as much as possible, and this skirt definitely helps me express my love for all the sea critters.  Plus, I had the perfect opportunity to wear my little message in a bottle brooch by Erstwilder.  I always like to imagine what exactly is written in that love letter.  I've been asked before about brands that cater towards taller ladies, and I feel that Collectif is the perfect brand for those of you looking for longer length options.  This skirt is the perfect addition to my summer wardrobe. 

What's your summer style like? 


13 comments:

  1. In love with that skirt! I definitely need more skirts with some nifty prints on them! Hooray for your sister moving back!

    -Marie
    www.thatdarlingmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty in this! You're totally rocking hats. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Erstwilder brooch is perfect with this skirt (you look awesome in navy!). And I SO WANT A PET DUCK TOO!!!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keely Jayne NoonanJuly 17, 2015 at 9:44 AM

    Oh my gosh! You look so super sweet :) I have been loving skirts more lately, I have the Florence Sea Shell Skirt but I may have to grab this one up aswell. Have you seen the lobster cardigan? What are you thoughts on it? I also always wonder what red lipstick you and Amanda wear?! (Hope thats not creepy)?. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the lobster cardigan!! It's definitely a super cute cardigan, and if I would have gotten the blue sea shell print skirt I definitely would have gotten it to match! Absolutely not creepy at all! We both wear Stilla's liquid lipstick in the color beso most days. It's our go-to red. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nifty prints + pockets= serious amazingness! Thank you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come feed ducks with me this winter when it's freezing there and warm here, please and thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is so fantastic! I love everything about this outfit. And how exciting that your sister has moved back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohh, that skirt is just gorgeous! I have a 50s novelty print seashell print skirt that I bought just to wear on our trip to Vancouver Island last year, which I did on the ferry boat ride home.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally feel your excitement about your sister moving close. Even though mine has always lived in the same state as me, she will be moving in right across the street in August!! There's nothing like the bond of a sister, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the outfit!!! The hat is very becoming!!! This skirt is just is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit! What an adorable skirt! I love the navy, and the adorable brooch. I really need to add Erstwilder brooches to my collection. They're all so unique and cute. I totally understand the excitement you have about your sister moving back home! My sister and I have a great relationship and friendship, I don't know what I would do without her!

    Xo
    Erica

    ReplyDelete