Wizarding Peaches + Cabana Bay

Saturday, June 6, 2015


June, here! As a lot of you probably already saw on our Instagram accounts, last week was our "family vacation"!  Once a year, Amelia and I and our husbands somehow all miraculously get 4 days off work at the same time and take a trip somewhere.  This year we chose Orlando because a friend works at Universal Studios. So, we decided to visit for a long weekend and hang with her for a day. But, I think a lot of you already know we have a bit of an addiction to Harry Potter (including Harry Potter tattoos) and the Wizarding World... so any chance we get to be wizards for a few days... we'll take. So Collin + I packed our bags and headed to Augusta, GA to pick up Amelia + Michael and drive to Florida!


Michael and I go to Universal Studios...a lot, and that still is probably an understatement.  However, going with June and Collin is a whole new level of fun.  The four of us always find something to get into, and we probably are a bad influence on all the children in the park.  I am still the reigning champion of the Men in Black ride, just your every day Galaxy Defender.  One of my favorite parts about this trip was getting to stay at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort.  Has a modern hotel ever looked so perfect?  Everyone kept assuming we worked there, which was hilarious.  Not only did the hotel look awesome--it also had a lazy river.  There are few things I like more than lazing in water. ;)  Any vacation with my best friends is amazing, but this one was especially perfect.


Where is your favorite place to vacation?
Have you ever been to Wizarding World or stayed at Cabana Bay?

16 comments:

  1. What a fantastic getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesomely fun!!! You gals need your own (vintage/repro wearing) travel show. I'd tune in every week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen ElizabethJune 6, 2015 at 11:14 AM

    I love the Disney "D" pins! Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Those huge Simpsons donuts taste like cake, I was sorely disappointed when I tried one hahaha. I have been dying to go to Cabana Bay but it's hard to justify staying in a hotel in a city only 45 mins away! My favorite vacation spot is Savannah. I love the history, the houses, the food, everything. Just a gorgeous place all around, and you can basically walk anywhere you need to go downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wouua ! Vous me faites rêver avec ces photos de vacances, j'aimerai faire un voyage aussi fun ! Je vous suis depuis un petit moment, je suis totalement fan de vos vêtements et l'univers qui vous entoure ;) Coucou de France et bon weekend ! " You make me dream with these photos of holidays, I shall like making a so funny journey! I follow you for a little while, I am totally a fan of your clothes and the universe which surrounds you;) cuckoo of France and good weekend! " http://dressingdesarablabla.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are all so cute! we have a couple that we go on "family vacations" with too. i love it! this year we're going to asheville for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing and seems like the boys had a great time too! Loved following all the action on Insta :). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like everyone one had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Cabana Bay last year and loved it. The bf is a Florida resident so we got a great rate last summer but unfortunately they have blocked off the rate for this summer so we can only go one day. We plan on spending the entire day lounging at the pool with delicious drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silver Cat Tea PartyJune 7, 2015 at 2:06 PM

    LOL! I'm so envious of all your trips to Universal Studio's in Orlando! What a fun and magical place that is and I LOVE the Cabana Bay beach resort so much! So fun to see you all you having such a great time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing all of these photos in one place (and the swimsuit photo of the 4 of you is ADORABLE)! Aaaaand it's decided, we're taking a girls vacation. It's happening. <3


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  12. AH! That donut pic! Love it! Someday I will have a vacation down there and I WILL stay in that hotel. Such an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great time! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like so much fun! My parents recently stayed at Cabana Bay - I made them give me a tour via Facetime - I can't wait to stay there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope at DisneylandJune 9, 2015 at 7:14 PM

    Your vacation looked like such a blast and I think it's so cool that you got to share it with great company. I have never been to FL, but it's on my to-do list. We're getting our own HP land next Spring here so I'm excited about that, but I just love the look of the Cabana Bay resort so much that I hope we can get to the FL park too. Loved all of your outfit choices and I'm not officially on the hunt for those JS flats that you guys wear so often. If they can handle Universal Orlando and WDW, then they can definitely handle Dapper Day/Pinup Parade at Disneyland for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. WHERE did you get that darling black two-piece??? I need that in my life!

    ReplyDelete