Squeaky's Tip-Top + Minty Stripes

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I'm not exactly sure why, but I've always loved the look of run-down and abandoned buildings.  I think it's slightly because I'm always so interested in history, and how these types of buildings once looked.  Whatever the reason, Squeaky's Tip-Top is one of my favorite buildings, and every time I drive by it I drive slow so I get a good look of it.  It was once a local favorite bar and music venue, and I can only imagine the good times that were had here.

I've really been inspired by June to wear hats lately, and they scream 'Southern Summer" to me so I'll probably be wearing them until September...I'll apologize in advance.  The Dorit-Minty dress is another piece, like hats, that remind me of Summer and the South.  I've always had a deep love for shirt dresses.  They're my favorite type of day dress and they are definitely something that Miss Candyfloss does really, really well.

Dorit-Minty Dress c/o Miss Candyfloss | Yellow Ione Heels - BAIT Footwear
Wooden Bag - Vintage | Straw Hat - Similar

What's your favorite type of day dress?

19 comments:

  1. You always have such cool handbags :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are BEAUTIFUL and you look especially awesome. I'm obsessed with your shorter hair, too. <3

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the collar on that dress.Such a great length. I really love shirt dresses,but gaping has always been a problem.I spent years wearing anything with a wrap,because of pregnancies and breastfeeding. Now,anything that fits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria AndersonJune 3, 2015 at 4:28 PM

    Love the collar on that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and I love the collar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sensational collar! It's bold, beautiful and very, very fun - much like this whole charming outfit. Pretty!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that dress and hat on you, you look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute and perfect in this hat! I wish I could pull off a straw hat like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Ooh, which Bernie dress? I am obsessed with a few of her things right now!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do too! It was really what drew me in. I totally understand that! I've lost over a cup size in my bust, and now I can finally wear some of my shirt dresses that have just been sitting in my closet.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I love it too...totally reminds me of early Betty Draper from Mad Men.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's my favorite feature! It's such an amazing addition to a great dress.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you babe! I am SO happy to finally have a nice haircut.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Jessica! I love that it's not just a plain collar. It totally adds some cool detail to the dress. I'm pretty obsessed and I definitely want to grab a few more of these dresses.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! I'm sure you could! I never really liked hats until recently, and now I'm obsessed. haha

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks darling! I loveeee buying them, and am always on the hunt for more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Sammi! I love long hair (and yours is perfect), but it's just sadly not for me.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. die_die_myDarlingJune 8, 2015 at 3:41 AM

    I got the PARIS PIN UP DRESS IN YELLOW WITH RED AND PINK ROSES :)

    ReplyDelete