Shades of Green

Saturday, June 27, 2015


Green Floral Shift Dress - Vintage | Ely Watch in Maple c/o JORD wood watches
Mustard Heels - Chelsea Crew (Similar) | Confetti Earrings - DIY | Hair Scarf - Amazon

Maybe the best thing about Summer is that I am more inclined to wear my 1960s shift dresses more often. They don't get a lot of wear during the other seasons for pretty obvious reasons so I'm stoked to be able to channel my inner '60s and rock some short, short dresses.  Sometimes these dresses can be dangerous so I definitely have to think about what I'm going to be doing that day so I don't end up exposed.  Luckily, I was just on a coffee run so this dress was perfect.  This particular dress is extra special to my heart, because June bought it for me when we first became friends. It's also one of the few green dresses that I wear and don't feel like I look like I should be on the cover of a Lucky Charms cereal box.

I'm generally not a wearer of bracelets or watches, but I refuse to 'stick' to any style rules and always make an exception every now and then.  So when JORD contacted us I was a bit weary, but this is the perfect watch for me.  I love that they'll ship the watch to you already sized to your wrist.  This particular watch is great, because it's not too big for my small wrists and it's a subtle piece.  It'll definitely come in handy when I'm at conferences for work and can't constantly check my phone for the time.

Do you have any clothes that hold sentimental value? 

7 comments:

  1. Very adorable dress! Your figure takes to mini dresses like a duck to water.

    Have an awesome first weekend of summer!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing summer dress - I love 60s style as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's the olive in the dress that makes it complement you, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a pretty dress :) You look really gorgeous!

    dresses-and-travels //@Susan Dollparts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silver Cat Tea PartyJuly 1, 2015 at 9:49 AM

    60's looks so great on you! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope at DisneylandJuly 2, 2015 at 11:24 PM

    You look great! I'm with you on sentimental clothing. I hold on to a lot of things because of what they mean. Like obviously my wedding dress, but also some of my little kid clothing. Not that I'll ever be that small again, but some pieces remind me of a particular memory and I just can't seem to let them go. <3

    ReplyDelete