Retro Sno

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Black Sabrina Top - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Harlequin Print Shorts - Pinup Girl Clothing (similar here)
Kora Watch c/o JORD wood watches  |  Shake, Rattle & Roll Brooch - Erstwilder

I decided to wander around on my day off on Tuesday.  I do a lot of wandering on my days off but Nashville is pretty big and a lot of the bordering towns have interesting things to do, as well.  I went thrifting for a while, found 2 Pyrex bowls for $5 to add to my collection, which sounds boring but I was stoked!  After running into the bookstore, I stopped to look at one of my favorite old cars that just hangs out in the parking lot of a vacant garage.  I always wonder if the next time I drive by, it's going to be gone, but not yet!  Then, I decided find out where Retro Sno, my favorite local "food truck", was (if Sno Cones constitute as food, which I wholeheartedly believe they do) and grabbed a Strawberry Lemonade Sno Cone, which was awesome... their menu makes me want a dog to take on Sno Cone dates.

I've been exploring the world of shorts lately, A LOT... and, I'm loving them.  They're so great to just throw on and I love early 60's fashion so much, the shorter my shorts are, the bigger my hair is.  I finally broke out my Shake, Rattle & Roll Brooch and, while I love the IDEA of wearing my Bakelite on a day when I'm out and about, I know it's going to end up hanging out in my purse for my to scoop out later. JORD wood watch recently sent Katie + I new watches to take for a spin and originally, I didn't know how much I'd like it, but I love the rose colored face and that it's just dainty enough not to look ridiculous on my child-sized wrist.

What's your favorite personal fashion choice lately?

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Snow White tattoo!

    I've been wearing head scarfs + hair poufs lately, and I'm really enjoying it. I needed to find a summer substitute for my beloved signature hats, and I'm glad I've settled on this one.

    https://colormebrazen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wooden watch is amazing! You do rock a pair of shorts, June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your hair in this post! I always mess up and go a bit wrong when I try that hairstyle, but it's been a while since I last tried, maybe I should have another go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smokin! Do you have any posts about undertakings and shape wear?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope at DisneylandJune 17, 2015 at 7:53 PM

    I LOVE your hair! I need to practice to get my hair up that high. So far I barely manage a "baby poof". lol Also love your Snow White tattoo! How is that Sabrina top? I've been on the fence because it just gets so hot and I can't fathom a long sleeve top for Summer, but it's such a staple item so I don't know? lol As far as personal fashion choices lately, I've gotten into hair scarves a lot this year. I was super into headbands so I always had some kind of bow situation going on, but lately it's been scarves with big bows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That watch is fantastic! The face is so feminine. Also, stuffed sno balls for the win! Orange sno with vanilla ice cream, mhmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look like you walked straight out of a Gidget film <3



    It's well over 100 here with the heat index so I've been living in Bermuda shorts, halters, and hair bandannas. I honestly can't walk outside right now without a bandanna unless I want to be drenched in sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG so gorgeous! I didn't know Pinup Girl Clothing had shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously cute outfit! Those shorts are too die for darling!

    My husband received a Jord watch last year to write a guest review post of it on my blog. He really loved it and wore it often, however it literally fell apart on him one day in the course of normal wear after less than half a year. Boo!!! I hope that this pretty example lasts eons longer for you, dear gal.

    Have a great weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking darling, as always! *runs to get more shorts*
    xoxo, Lindsey Dish
    thebeltedpear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love their sno cones! the first time i was looking at the menu and read the ingredients for the pup one before i saw the name. i was like "do people really want a chicken broth sno cone??" haha, my dogs would love it!

    ReplyDelete