Dapper Diamonds + Hula Honeys

Monday, June 1, 2015


We're currently on our way back from vacation in Florida and we can't wait to share the photos with y'all.  Lately, I've been looking for more skirts less dramatic, but still classic silhouettes so I was stoked about finding this Getaway Skirt in Dapper Diamond.  The pattern sort of reminds me of graph paper (which is awesome) and I also love the big pockets and buttons that run down the front.  I also loved that I didn't have to wear a petticoat and it still has a great shape.  I paired it with my Estelle Blouse from Heart of Haute which is one of my favorite shirts for work.  I have a few in assorted colors/patterns and I wear them with cardigans to cover my tattoos.

I've also had a lot of fun lately pulling little influences from the early '60s lately (especially big hair and side bangs) but I was so excited to find some cute 60's influenced accessories.  How fun are these Green Starlite Earrings + Bracelet?  I love that they have atomic stars on them, but they're still subtle.  Also, I'm officially addicted to this Jane Tote and I think I'm going to buy the other two colors.

White Cherry Estelle Blouse c/o Heart of Haute  |  Getaway Skirt in Dapper Diamond c/o Heart of Haute
Tangerine Ida's - BAIT Footwear (similar)  |  Green Starlite Earrings + Bracelet c/o Meteor Jewelry Co.
Jane Tote c/o Sunjellies  |  Cherry Purse Pin - Vintage


Lately, I've really enjoyed taking walks after work since the sun stays up so late.  It also means I have the chance to take pictures when the sun isn't super high in the sky, and I love the shadows and highlights that it creates.  This full flare Hula Honeys skirt is one of my newest pieces from Heart of Haute, and it's shape makes it super comfortable.  I love how bright the colors are and how fun the print is.  I figured for such a fun print I may as well break out a fun purse too!  I thrifted this vintage purse and was inspired to add a fruit brooch to it based on how cute these bags from Pinup Girl Clothing are.

The last time Amanda visited we decided to spend one evening crafting.  Our craft of choice for the evening was attempting to DIY some confetti lucite earrings.  We both own a few pairs of confetti lucite earrings from a few different places so we thought we would take a shot at it ourselves.  A lot of our first round tries didn't turn out completely awesome, but this pair I'm wearing turned out pretty great!  

 Hula Honeys Moxie Skirt c/o Heart of Haute | Black Peasant Top - Pinup Girl Clothing
Pink Dahlia - NicCoCo Creations | Glitter Lucite Earring - DIY | Mandalaye Flat - Nordstrom
Yellow Wicker Bag - Vintage | Fruit Brooch c/o Luxulite

What did you do this weekend?

13 comments:

  1. I love the silhouettes of both skirts! Doesn't it feel great to DIY something and have it come out successful? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern mixing!! I'm not brave enough to do it myself, but it looks sooo good here. I have a HOH skirt in the silhouette Katie has (I think), but it doesn't look good on me :( I'll have to find another way to wear my black HOH top! Can't wait to hear about your vacation <3


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfits! The pattern mixing here is so great.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria AndersonJune 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM

    Those both looks like great comfy, casual outfits. This weekend I went up to the San Juan Islands to the summer camp I used to work at to help them pitch tipis. It was pretty awesome. I hope you four had a blast on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to add the HOH blouse to my wishlist :P I'd love to see more of what you girls wear to work! I'm a tattooed professional too, and I'm never sure where to draw the line between business attire and cutesy wear..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I was so proud that my earrings turned out. Usually, my DIY's are slightly successful, but this was a definite success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're the literal best, Sammi! Amanda is seriously the queen of pattern mixing. I usually just stick to mixing polka dots/gingham with other prints, but she rocked this. It's definitely not the most flattering silhouette on me, but I just love that hula girl print. I'm sure it looks lovely on you though!

    xoxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jessica! I agree, Amanda is the queen of mixing patterns! The cherries look so great with that skirt.



    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds awesome! I never attended any camps, but I always wanted too.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do it! It's one that we both wear a lot! It's definitely a hard line to figure out. We will definitely start thinking of including more work-friendly/what we wear to work posts! I generally stick to a simple routine of skirt + top + cardigan, and if one item is busy I'll stay simple with the other. I wear my PUG harlequin skirts to work, but always pair them with modest tops and shoes.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silver Cat Tea PartyJune 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM

    Gorgeous outfit June and Amelia, thank you so much for the suggestion of those Mandalaye flats from one of your previous posts! I just picked up a pair on Friday during a sale at Macy's and they are absolutely perfect! So comfortable and I can totally see them being the best shoes to wear at amusement parks especially parks like universal studios where your feet dangle from the seat. I used to have to take my shoes off and sit on them but now I can wear these and know they will not come flying off my feet! <3

    ReplyDelete