Cotton Candy + Red Roses

Wednesday, June 24, 2015


 
Amelia: Mandalaye Flats - Amazon  | Pink Novelty Print Skirt - Vintage | Peasant Top c/o Atomic Jax
 Pink Daisy Earrings c/o Splendette | Canvas Underskirt - Pinup Girl Clothing 

June:  Red Peasant Top - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Jenny Skirt in Red Border Print Floral - Pinup Girl Clothing
Canvas Underskirt - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Mandalaye Flats - Amazon 
Casa Blanca Palm Hat - imogene + willie

Amelia: Michael bought me this novelty print skirt for my birthday this year, and I absolute love it.  I have a bad habit of not buying much vintage anymore, because I tend to destroy it since I'm so accident prone.  The color pink and the obscure print on this skirt are awesome, and definitely one of the most interesting skirts I own.  The print has little pitchers and platters and they have a deer engraved on them, which is freakin' awesome.  Since June was in town, I knew I needed to wear one of the more special pieces in my wardrobe...  even if we spent a lot of our time together lounging around binge watching RuPaul's Drag Race, because June has me addicted. 

June: I was really stoked to be able to visit Georgia twice in June and both times with Collin, who usually has to stay here in Nashville and work.  I packed a lot of my favorite pieces this time including this skirt I've had for about a million years (that I now have to pin so it'll fit, I think I need to make a trip to the tailor).  It's one of my more subtle go-to's and one of the only florals I like; it's such a bummer that it's no longer sold and I wish I'd snagged the purple version too.  As for our weekend of best friend time, I want to say that this particular time, Amelia + I got dressed up to run to the mall for some hat shopping and to grab Taco Bell, because we're addicted.  So basically, we got dressed up to go on a date to Taco Bell.  Ashley, can I get an amen?!

What is your favorite guilty pleasure food?

11 comments:

  1. I feel like so much of my time is spent dressing up to go to Taco Bell, or a similar place. I rarely go anywhere that warrants my outfit. "We need cat litter? Hold on, let me put on my best dress."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine Hess GaffneyJune 24, 2015 at 9:11 AM

    Ladies, I love that you rock the peasant tops! Do y'all wear strapless undergarments or does it allow straps? I'm sometimes uncomfortable in a strapless bra, and prefer my longlines for my PUG wear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look so pretty! I honestly don't know if I could pull off one of the PUG peasant tops (plus, I own like, one skirt lol), but they look awesome on you. Also, sticking those flats in my shopping cart at this very moment...


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're seriously my newest addiction! I want to wear them every day. I wear my normal bra. I can push my straps far enough to the side where they don't show. So I definitely think you will be fine with a longline for this top!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the peasant tops, so Brigitte Bardot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahha Sammi, you rock dresses so well that you don't even need separates. I totally lol'ed at your comment though. I love that we are all shoe twins!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! Brigitte is forever one of our inspirations!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love your posts and wardrobe wonders, though I must say you are doing nothing for my bank balance ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing wrong with getting dressed up for a crunchwrap hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope at DisneylandJune 24, 2015 at 6:07 PM

    The peasant tops look great on you both! I don't think I can pull them off though. :( Oh hey, thank for the tip on those shoes. I went and got my own in natural and black from Macy's (they had a buy one get one half off sale) and they're so comfortable. It's funny because I tried on the coffee ones at the store but wasn't a fan, but now I see them on Katie and it's like "aww they're so cute, I love them!" So apparently, I only like things when you guys wear them. hahaha I need to wear them someplace but just as far as "tried on", they feel great and look great with some of the pieces I've tried them with. Guilty pleasure food? Hmm. I was going to say dessert, but the "guilty" in "guilty pleasure" makes it seem like I don't enjoy desserts. I do. No shame! ;D Cake all day e'rryday! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulously lovely outfits, ladies!!! I second your wish that skirt was still being made. I'd try to scope in on it right away, if it were reissued.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete