Sweet Melody + Hydrangeas

Monday, June 8, 2015


The first week back to work after vacation is always the worst...I think it's scientifically proven at this point.  I had such a fantastic time with Amanda, Michael and Collin in Florida, and I'm definitely sad to be back.  To ease myself back into work I've been exploring Downtown Aiken, and I keep stumbling upon such pretty spots.  I think I appreciate flowers and greenery so much, because I absolutely cannot keep anything alive.  I'm pretty sure I have a black thumb.  Hydrangeas remind me of visiting my Grandma in Tennessee so whenever I see them I always smile.

I love being able to work vintage items into my outfits even if they aren't the key pieces.  Especially, when the vintage has been gifted too me.  Both of the brooch and the purse were given to me from my mama so they'll always be extra special.  They also complement the feminine details in this Pigtails and Pirates dress.  This is my second dress from Pigtails and Pirates (first post here), and I decided to go with something that looks sweet since my MARVELous dress is definitely loud and bold. 

Sweet Melody Dress c/o Pigtails and Pirates | Floppy Straw Hat - Forever 21
Pink Hailey Heels - BAIT Footwear |  Va Va Voluminous Petticoat - Modcloth
Floral Brooch - Vintage  | Pearl Purse - Vintage

What did you do this weekend? 

20 comments:

  1. This dress is SO pretty on you, Katie! What a perfect silhouette. And I love the pop of pink from the shoes!


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is very cute but the hydrangeas have stolen the limelight for me. I have several growing in my back garden. I just adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gifted vintage is always the best. I got a several charm bracelets from close family friends, and it was so nice. I wish I could wear them more often but my wrists are so tiny and that makes me feel like the bracelets will always fall off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dress! The sweet baby blue and pink definitely suits you. Love the Marvelous dress on you, too. I do think maybe the wrong dress was linked for shopping: http://www.pigtailsandpirates.com/ladies/dresses/sweet-melody-blue.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I love this dress matched with that gorgeous sun hat! Just fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful floral dress, which looks wonderful on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope at DisneylandJune 9, 2015 at 6:48 PM

    You're making me start to like floral prints! lol Love the way you accessorized this outfit and paired it with pink shoes to bring out the pink flowers on the dress. We went to Disneyland and to a Jurassic Park themed party this weekend and also caught up with some more of the First Doctors episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloriously pretty ensemble! I love that you opted for fuschia heels. They pick up the pink flowers in the dress superbly.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was my thought too! I loved that they helped brighten up the look too. I love blue, but the pop of pink was so nice!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I love them so much! They're my favorite for Spring and Summer, clearly. hah Ohh how fun! I'm so jealous of your Disneyland adventures!

    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! You're always so sweet.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Renee! I'm loving getting to dress for warm weather instead of the cold!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! Yep--I noticed right after you had mentioned it. Oops! I updated it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're the best, Sammi! Thank you for the sweet words, always.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristian you're always so sweet!

    Thank you.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love them so so so much! They're always so beautiful. I love when there is an amalgam of blue, pink and purple ones.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, it's also that much more special and meaningful! I am the same way! I always feel weird about having stuff on my wrists.

    xox

    ReplyDelete