Atomic Jax

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Fiesta 1950s Suntop c/o AtomicJax | Plaid Skirt - Vintage 
Va Va Voluminous Petticoat - Modcloth | Black Hansel Heels - BAIT Footwear

Sometimes I really hate living in such a small town especially when I see all of the events, parties and get-togethers that occur in big cities.  I can only imagine how great it would be to attend an event with like-minded and dressed ladies.  Until then I'll try my hardest to appreciate my quaint-little town.  I always walk downtown in hopes that I'll find something new that I haven't seen before.  This day I didn't find any new discovery, but I did get stopped quite a few times.  Full skirts are not the norm for Georgia/South Carolina.

Now that it's 100 degrees and the humidity is consistently 60%+ I don't feel weird wearing crop style tops.  For a while there, I was wearing crop tops, and it wasn't quite hot enough so I felt more out of place than usual.  I've gone through my second bottle of sunscreen so far this year, because a sunburn is bad...but a halter-top sunburn is awful.  This 1950s inspired suntop is pretty much the epitome of my Summer style.  It's comfy, light and also freakin' adorable.  AtomicJax custom makes these tops from a vintage pattern, which means it's authentic and pairs well with my vintage skirts.

Fiesta 1950s Suntop c/o AtomicJax  |  Novelty Print Pig Skirt - Vintage
Va Va Voluminous Petticoat - Modcloth  |  Cowboy Boots - thrifted
Colored Bangles - Bakelite  |  Woven Bangles - Splendette

I spent the weekend revisting the part of Nashville I lived in before Collin + I purchased our home.  I love it over there and find myself wandering back that way quite frequently in my downtime.  I channeled my inner June Carter Cash, said "hi" to Elvis and wandered into a shop called Cool Stuff Weird Things (y'all have no idea how appropriate that name is).  Then I drove over to Marathon Music Works for a cup of coffee from the Garage and stopped off at one of the few "I Believe in Nashville" murals in town.  It was amazing having a day to wander around, exploring, doing nothing. Even if it was 95 degrees. ; )

I love this 1950s Suntop but as y'all can probably tell, there's a reason I don't usually wear crop tops. haha. Katie's looks adorable on her but I found mine to be a bit long and not actually a "cropped" top... I blame my short torso.  It was also loose which made it look a bit boxy.  I was excited to break out this novelty print skirt that hasn't left my closet in a while, it has little tiny pig with barbed wire on it and it had the original matching belt! The vintage gods were shining down on me the day I found this one.

What did you do over the weekend?
Are you a crop tops kinda lady or not so much?


11 comments:

  1. I think you both picked the PERFECT skirts to go with these tops, and you both look phenomenal. I wish I could wear crop tops! I'll just have to live vicariously <3


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable ladies! I love the idea of crop tops but I cannot really wear them well - I feel like when I sit down everything just spills out from in between the top and the skirt/jeans HAHAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria AndersonJune 15, 2015 at 2:24 PM

    I've never owned a crop top, but those ones are adorable. I think I'd be into it. There is a nice western-esque one I saw on Steady Clothing the other day- in the space cadet fabric- I've been wanting a crop top in that print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're so nice! I think crop tops are a lot more versatile than they are given credit for. aha YES! I have a skirt in the space cadet fabric and it's absolutely adorable.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh whatever! I bet you would look freakin' adorable in a crop top, because you look adorable all of the time!! I think you're pretty much perfect.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the perfect one! You could totally rock a crop top, because you're my little pastel princess!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope at DisneylandJune 15, 2015 at 7:33 PM

    I like the way crop tops look on other people, but I don't think I can pull them off. Like June, they would just look normal sized on me especially since I favor higher waisted skirts to sort of hide my stomach anyway. lol You two look adorable as always though! Also, I have a skirt like the one Katie has in a different color and I thinkyou justconvinced me to have alter it to actually wear. It's not vintage. It's 80s madras print or at least I think that's what they call it? Anyway have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here! There are many points that I love about our small town, but it's exceeding lack of vintage events, shops, fairs, get-togethers, etc is not one of them. Even in some big cities though, such is still very scant in Canada, so that makes the awesome vintage community we all get to share in online all the more precious and important to me.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh! I have made myself a few of these exact crop tops! They're so comfy! One in unicorn and rainbow fabric, and one in pink Hawaiian with palm trees and ukuleles hahaha. Amanda, I have basically no torso and have the same issue as you, but mine are fine length-wise on me. Your little piggy print skirt is adorable though!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So kind of out there question, but how do you ladies take these photos? Self-timer or is someone else there? I've always wondered lol. You both look beautiful!! Always enjoy seeing your fun outfits :)

    ReplyDelete