Alice in Wonderland + The Gardens

Wednesday, June 10, 2015


Over the weekend, my friend Brity Leigh + I decided to dress up in some Disney inspired designs, embrace our inner Southern gal and head to the local botanical gardens for a stroll before everything starts turning brown (and with 90+ degree days, it's bound to be soon haha).  We had no idea how huge the gardens were and the day was SUPPOSED to be mild but, we were pretty much dying by the time we sat down for fried green tomato salads and chicken salad sandwiches (because what else would a restaurant in a garden in Nashville serve?) Who expects a wet set to survive these days anyways, I suppose! Tennessee summer, I surrender.

The dress I wore for my day in the gardens is the Alice in Wonderland Dress by Pigtails and Pirates.  When I opened the package, I seriously died a little inside over how beautiful it is.  The design is done in sort of a tea-party whimsy style and the fabric includes little nods to The Red Queen and Mad Hatter's Tea Party.  Of course, Alice herself is also included in the design on the skirting and she's encircled in little gold foil frames (literally, the frames are slightly shimmery/metallic).  I paired it with my Sparklite Disney "D" Brooch from Match accessories and a super light petticoat for a little bit of fullness. With Pigtails and Pirates new Disney collection as well as PUG's Mary Blair collection, I think I'm going to need a few more of these brooches...

Fairy Tale Alice in Wonderland Dress c/o Pigtails and Pirates  |  Disney "D" Brooch - Match Accessories
8 inch Brim Sunhat - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Gold Glitter Frankie Pump - Madewell 1937 (similar)


What is your favorite part of Alice in Wonderland?

18 comments:

  1. I've been saving up to purchase the PUG Mary Blair Plane skirt but now I don't know if I want to swap to this one! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want that dress to - Pigtails and Pirates does have the cutest fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hat is ridiculous…. ridiculously cute! Gorgeous photos and that dress is too flipping fun!

    xoxo, Lindsey Dish
    thebeltedpear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my eye on this dress, it's so lovely! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hat is crazy big- but that probably helps in the summer heat!


    Seriously though- oh that dress! I'm a huge fan of all things Alice and that has me so in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I need everything you are wearing in these pics! Perfect! I love Dsney so much!
    kariss x
    www.shystrangemanic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dresses are so much fun! The gardens are so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly cool, deeply pretty photos and outfit. That hat is nothing short of sensational!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gardens are gorgeous! Is that a little cottage house/gardener's shed? Adorable! I think those outfits are perfect for the occasion. Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favorite stories <3 And idk if you can see my icon (if that's what it is called?) but we are standing in front of the Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope at DisneylandJune 12, 2015 at 8:48 PM

    My favorite part of Alice in Wonderland is the Golden Afternoon scene and also the beginning when she's just daydreaming with Dinah and gets startled by the White Rabbit. I LOVE it so much and had seen that dress in black and white but can't get over the price and the shipping. Wah!! I have a cheaper Alice dress that I'm going to rock tomorrow. I spotted a giant sunflower and thought it would be perfect for a pic with my Alice dress since it would seem like I took a bite from a cookie and got small enough that the flowers would tower over me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both prints so much! Both would be an amazing purchase!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. She does have the best fabric! I love all of the fairytale fabrics!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's the season for big hats! I love how well it complements her outfit.

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big hats are seriously the best! Especially for keeping the sun away.

    Ugh I know! I love how whimsical it is!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. You most likely do...I mean, I'm pretty sure you need all of it!

    ;)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Jessica! Ugh, I love that hat so much. It's so amazing.

    xox

    ReplyDelete