Wendy Shorts + Seersucker Skirts

Saturday, May 23, 2015


When we first started blogging I noticed that most of my outfits were super formulaic.  They consisted of: top, circle skirt and maybe a brooch.  I still cannot argue that this is a winning formula in my eyes and will always be a 'go-to' outfit for me, but lately my goal is to continue to step out of my own comfort zone and continue to try and be different.  There is nothing wrong with having a distinct style and comfort zone, but for me I knew I wanted to rely less on wearing the same thing. My first instinct to mix up my style was to buy pants/shorts, which led to me doing so much research on different brands that make bottoms for ladies with wide hips.

That research led me to Lady K Loves, which is known for catering to gals with a large waist-to-hip ratio.  There is a 15 inch difference between my waist and my hips so I can say with 100% conviction, BLESS Lady K Loves.  I've always struggled buying shorts, because they get about to my thighs and won't pull up any further, but these Wendy Shorts are amazing!  I definitely want to buy them in the blue harlequin print next, because that print is f*cking beautiful.  The yellow Wendy Shorts are going to become one of my favorite Summer pieces especially when I go back to Universal Studios.  I did wear a pair of shaping shorts underneath just because they're pretty sheer, and I didn't want to show off my undies to everyone. 

Say Yeah Top c/o Lady K Loves | Wendy Shorts c/o Lady K Loves 
Black Carved Bangles c/o Splendette | Vintage Oxfords - Similar


The Nashville legal field seemed pretty empty yesterday, I think A LOT of attorneys were either 1) getting as much done as they possibly could before the 3 day weekend or 2) starting their vacations early!  So, I got to dress down a little more casual for the office  I wore this little top and skirt set + a cardigan and sandals and I really loved it!  When I left work, I grabbed my flats out of my tote bag, shed the cardigan + added a hat and decided to hit one of my favorite record + comic stores and then grab some coffee before meeting Collin for dinner.

I'm definitely a sucker for a good, matching top + skirt set.  Especially because the pieces can be worn together or separately.  So, I was drawn to this little seersuceker set from Lady K Loves.  It a 'V' cut in the front + back so when mixed with the seersucker print, it's really summery, which was fun because it's not a cut you see too often.  The top has knotted shoulders for a little something extra and  I also love, of course, that the skirt has pockets.  Also, I'll admit to having the skirt hemmed, so don't be mislead, tall ladies, this would be the perfect length for you! 

Seersucker "Say Yeah" Top c/o Lady K Loves  |  Seersucker Darling Skirt c/o Lady K Loves
Lace Up Ballet Flats - Pinup Girl Clothing |  Straw Boater Hat - Forever 21| Chevy Brooch - Deer Arrow

What's your favorite "out of your comfort zone" piece?

3 comments:

  1. Wonderfully fun summer looks, ladies!!! I don't wear shorts personally, but if I did, I'd be looking for a good hip to waist ratio, too, and am happy to know in general that Lady K Loves delivers on that front.

    Have a stellar Memorial Day long weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out the blue harlequin wendy shorts on the site, those are so fun!! Does the material have any stretch to them? I have issues with finding shorts that fit properly. I like high waisted, and even though I'm short, sometimes they tend to not have enough length on the bottom for me and my butt hangs out. Also as a side note- I totally made peach cobbler today, inspired by last weekend's post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope at DisneylandMay 29, 2015 at 7:40 PM

    Katie - I'm with you on finding shorts. I stopped wearing them years ago because I just didn't think they were flattering on me. A combo of short legs and wide hips and the fact that I felt like I had to keep picking them out of my tail when I walked. Gah! LOL You look super cute so thanks for doing some research. If I decide to look at shorts ever again, I'll definitely re-visit this post.
    Amanda - How do you get your hair to look that cute?!? I know you've done a tutorial, but did I miss the one where you show how you do your hair like in this post? Everytime I attempt to tease my hair to get the "oomph" in the middle, I end up with a nest of tangles. ahahaha Halp!
    Also to answer your comment prompt, I'd say my out of comfort zone dress is a gingham wiggle strapless dress I have. I haven't worn it in a while, but it's out of my comfort zone because I don't normally wear things that are form fitting because of my own insecurities. It's just easier to hide under A-line dresses and skirts. :D

    ReplyDelete