I'd never been strawberry picking before, so when I woke up Saturday morning, I decided I'd head out to Green Door Gourmet Farm here in Nashville because their U-Pick strawberry fields were open (benefit of being married to a chef, he always knows what's in season, and what's going on where stuff like this is concerned). I actually grew up on a farm (different kind of farm, but a farm nonetheless) so now that I'm older and can appreciate it more, I really enjoy going out and doing stuff like this.
The Grace Swing Dress is more aligned with the dresses I wear when I'm running to the farmer's market, etc. on the weekend and I always have a lot of fun accessorizing more casual/plain dresses. It's only May and it was a pretty hot day (over 90 degrees) but it was REALLY windy so about 60% of my time was spent picking strawberries and the other 40% was spent chasing my hat around like an idiot until I gave up and shoved it into my bag. Being able to go sans petticoat was a huge relief though, and having a few shorter dresses made of lighter fabrics are amazing for days like this!
I told Katie 454987604976 times that I would literally rather die than wear a swimsuit on the blog but here I am... coerced. I still stare at these and want to delete them. haha. I hung out at the lake for a day because we're a little landlocked here in Nashville and decided to re-read Bridget Jones's Diary ( I picked up a new copy with special art by one of my favorite artists, Tara McPherson). I will say, that I really loved the Gingham Lana Swimsuit though I will admit, I had had to exchange it once because I felt like the breast cup area was very roomy (like I could fit a whole other boob in there), so I sent my Medium back for a Small and even still, I have a bit of extra space in there, if you decide to pick yourself up one of these, definitely size down.