Space 46

Monday, May 4, 2015


On Saturday, Collin + I had our first day off together in God knows how long so we had an entire day planned on wandering around Nashville.  We woke up, packed some lunches and headed to the park for a morning walk and a picnic.  We headed to our favorite local record + comic book shop, The Great Escape, for Free Comic Book Day, got lots of good comics (including Spider Gwen) + a few records... and a Veruca Salt CD because I have a 90's girl rock obsession.  We headed to the other side of town to visit imogene + willie where Collin bought me this f*cking awesome Casa Blanca Palm Hat and we stumbled across a street festival, so we stayed and walked around for a while (only in Nashville).  While we were out + about I stumbled across this awesome little area and had to stop.  The door sort of looks like it leads to no where but it actually leads to a coop of little chicken friends. 

A little about The Wendy Skirt in Blush.  I've found myself loving tulle skirts a lot more lately.  I think Amelia might say this below, but I really enjoy their versatility.  This particular tulle skirt has a fitted waistband so it doesn't do that awkward scrunch thing the ones with elastic waistbands do.  It fastens in the back with a little zipper instead. Also, this skirt is lined; so, you don't have to worry about the tulle itching your legs all day. 

The Wendy Skirt in Blush c/o Space 46  |  Striped Raglan Top - Forever 21
Jessica Simpson Mandalaye Flats - Amazon  |   Casa Blanca Palm Hat - imogene + willie


This was the first weekend in three weeks that I've been home, and as much as I love traveling I was SO happy to get to be lazy and spend time with my husband and the cats.  I'd like to say that we spent the weekend doing something outrageous and fun, but truth be told, we just watched a lot of Daredevil on Netflix.  We did enjoy some time outside in the sun..in between Netflix binges and snack runs.  Overall, that is what I call a successful lazy weekend in my book. 

Tulle skirts are so versatile and I'm already thinking of different ways to style this skirt from Space 46.  Tulle skirts can evoke images of ballerinas, Carrie Bradshaw, god forbid--high school prom, but I preferred to take a more casual approach.  The skirt is pretty perfect for this warm weather, because even with it's 4 layers of tulle it's light weight.  It was also super windy when I wore this so I had a fun time twirling in the wind.  My favorite part of this outfit was that it looks composed, but I felt so comfortable.  I think the Tahitian earrings from Meteor Jewelry combined with the tulle skirt definitely help create a certain air of elegance. 

The Wendy Skirt in Black c/o Space 46 | Tahitian Earrings c/o Meteor Jewelry 
Top - Modcloth (Old) | Nana Heels in Black - BAIT Footwear | Black Hair Scarf - Hey Viv! 

What did you do this weekend?!
What's your versatile wardrobe piece?

19 comments:

  1. I love tulle, so both these looks are winners in my book!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look like ballerinas! I love it!! Are you loving DareDevil? I was obsessed and binged it in one weekend! I love Charlie Cox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh love the tulle skirts, they look both classy and comfortable! Sounds like you both had great weekends. My sister and I wandered around Orlando a little bit, played putt putt at Pirate's Cove, and ended the day at Downtown Disney! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These skirts are so cute!!! It's so fun and fluffy and breezy. I especially love the blush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think of Carrie Bradshaw when I think of tulle skirts, but I didn't see that once in either of these outfits and I love both of them! I love these skirts on other people but I'm always afraid they'll add extra volume to my hips (which I don't really need). But I'm so taken with the blush colored one!


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victoria AndersonMay 4, 2015 at 3:04 PM

    Those skirts look great! I like the flats you paired them with, Amanda. And Katie- I LOVE the print on that floral top! This weekend my dad came over and helped us cut out a bunch of Adirondack chairs. We are building seven, and even though there were five of us working on them we didn't finish! Next weekend we assemble them for our weekly Sunday BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dreamy, delightfully fun skirts and whole outfits, lovely ladies. You know, I've never worn a tulle skirt - though my closet is packed with lots of crinolines, so I'm far from net garment-less. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love tulle skirts!! I think I've once seen them paired with a sporty Adidas jacket - very cool! I have been thinking about why I love your blog so much, ladies! I think it's because of your smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh--I loved it so much! We just finished the finale, and I'm sad that it's over, but it was so badass!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! Tulle is amazing!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you--I totally agree that they look classy! That sounds amazing! I love Orlando so so so much so I'm jealous!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's what I love about it too! They are just so fluffy and fun.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't help it she is always the first thing that I think of when I think of tulle skirts....and I kinda love it. Now, I'm sitting here trying to think which of us would be which SITC character.


    I agree, that they can definitely add too much volume to the hips, but these really don't because of how fitted they are.


    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Nora, I absolutely love reading your comments, because they are always the sweetest. You're one of my favorite little ladies. Thank you for being amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Jessica! You would absolutely love one! They're so nice and it's fun getting to walk around like a ballerina.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you little lady!


    Oh wow, that sounds like so much fun! I'm jealous of this BBQ!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I felt like each episode just got better and better, I cannot wait for season 2!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my god that hat with that skirt on June!! AHH! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope at DisneylandMay 5, 2015 at 7:29 PM

    You gals always look great. If you asked me before if I'd wear a tulle skirt, I'd say no, but now that I've seen them on you I may change my mind. I love the way June paired her with the hat and ballerina flats and I love the way Katie paired hers with the matching black hair scarf. We went to see Avengers Age of Ultron this weekend. I'd say my versatile wardrobe piece would be my flats. Those are the only consistent things I can dress up or dress down and that I wear frequently.

    ReplyDelete