Mint Daises + Green Poppies

Monday, May 11, 2015


I hope everyone has a very happy Mother's Day!  My babies aka my cats, Beyonce and Ziggy, 'made' me a card and bought me breakfast.  I don't know quite how they pulled it off, but Michael assures me that he didn't help. ;)  It's finally my favorite time of year where it's not yet too hot, but it's fun to hang out outside and explore.  For days when I know I'm going to spend a long time outside I usually ditch my big petticoats and aim for a slightly sleeker silhoutte.  This floral skirt from Gemini Tauberge is exactly what I want in a lightweight skirt for these hot Georgia days.  The print on this skirt also just screams 'Spring' to me with it's lovely wild flowers and pastel colors. 

This weekend we found a new place for Amanda and I to shop/explore when she comes into town to visit!  It's called "Final Cut" and it's an Anthropologie/Urban Outfitters Outlet featuring so much awesome that it's almost hard to take in.  They have racks and racks of clothes that are mostly samples, slightly damaged or have manufacturing flaws so you have to dig to find great pieces, but that's what makes it so much fun!  They also carry furniture, which is currently my weakness.  I really want to redecorate my house.  We found an amazing couch for $200 that I'm pretty sure I'm driving Michael crazy, because I cannot stop talking about how much I need it. 

Mint Daisy Skirt c/o Gemini Tauberge | Peach Brooch c/o Luxulite 
Taupe Ida's c/o BAIT Footwear


Collin worked a lot this weekend + my mom is in Georgia (but will be visiting this week, yay!) so I decided just to wander around Nashville a little bit and get things done around the house, which was so nice! Thank you GOD for no more finals until June!  Collin + I went to see Minus the Bear on Saturday night which was absolutely amazing and coincidentally, what Collin had playing in his car when we went on our first date almost 10 years ago now. THAT makes me feel a liiiiittle old but I get a good laugh out of remembering what we were like back then.

Like Katie, I decided to shed my petticoat for the weekend, especially because the fabric in our new Gemini Tauberge skirts is this thick, amazing material that has a really great shape on it's own.  Also, the skirts are lined with fun colors (mine is lined in lime green).  I love how retro this print is, and also, I've always had an affinity for poppies, maybe's it's my love of the Wizard of Oz.  How cute is this atomic print skirt she also makes?!

Miss Fetching Top - Modcloth (no longer sold)  |  Green Poppy Circle Skirt c/o Gemini Tauberge
Hansel Heels in Yellow c/o BAIT Footwear  |   Bakelite Bangles - Vintage  |  Purse - Vintage

What do you do this weekend?  Happy Belated Mother's Day!

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's not too hot for you ladies! Here in the Boston area, it went from winter to summer as usual and it's too hot too fast! Ahhhh! I hate that! I am dying for some more breezy spring weather! Love these springy looks on you gals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mustard tops! The skirts are gorgeous too, glad y'all had a good weekend! My sister and I went back over to Orlando with some friends and played an escape game. Holy moly it was so awesome. If you guys like puzzles and figuring out codes, I definitely suggest it the next time you're in town, or even one in your hometown if they've popped up yet! (We did the Pandemic room at America's Escape Game). Looking forward to more summery sleeveless posts from you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, you look so pretty with your hair up, all teased like that! It elongates your neck and gives you that 60s secretary vibe! Cute! :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope at DisneylandMay 11, 2015 at 9:47 PM

    I'm glad you had a fun weekend. I love June's top and was so sad to read it's no longer sold. :( I also think of Wizard of Oz when I see poppies! :) I went to Disneyland again and had a fun visit. There was a big fan base for the return of the Hatbox Ghost at the Haunted Mansion so we got to check it out a few times before it got crazy crowded. Perks of an AP - get in, get out. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything on this post! Have a nice week sweetie!

    ★★ If you want to follow each other, please follow me on GFC or Bloglovin and I'll do the same. ★★

    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaways:

    Jexshop 10$ gift card & Polka dots dress

    (っ◕‿◕)っ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is my favourite time of year and these floral prints are perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours at work in both your looks are soooo fantastic! I love mustard and mint together. Super swoon!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well thank you so much. Usually it doesn't behave all that well us and just looks like a giant mess, but it's nice to mix it up every once and a while. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope at DisneylandMay 19, 2015 at 6:42 PM

    I didn't realize it was an original MC design. That's weird that they wouldn't carry it anymore. The Hatbox Ghost was really cool looking. I think it's a great new addition to the Haunted Mansion, but you go by so fast so it takes a few rides to really appreciate all that he does. Luckily we were there early enough that we could ride the ride over and over without a wait to see him in all his glory. I think the hardcore HM fans are really excited about him.

    ReplyDelete