Cherries + Abstracts

Wednesday, May 6, 2015


I'll admit that I consider myself to be the least sexy person in the entire world mostly because I'm SO goofy.  However, something about cherries, a neck scarf and the most amazing shoes that have ever been on my feet make me feel a little sexy.  This dress has become one of my absolute favorites!  I'm generally not a fan of cherry prints, but Bernie Dexter really nailed it with this one.  It's a sample from her eBay, but she also sells a similar dress at Unique Vintage.    I also totally feel like I'm channeling Wanda from Cry Baby, which is totally badass.   

I have the absolute worst habit of wearing shoes until they are absolutely falling apart.  I really need to get out of this habit, and when I wear amazing shoes it reminds me that shoes can really be the star of an outfit.  These Lanai Heels by Miss L Fire are not only super freaking cute, but they are SO comfortable.  I know a lot of time people will wear cute shoes even if they aren't comfortable, and it's awesome getting both of best words!  The detail that goes into these shoes is amazing, and the color means they'll match basically everything. 

Lana Heels c/o Miss L Fire | Sample Cherry Print Dress - Bernie Dexter (Similar


I've been working hard over the last few months to be healthier and started running 5 days a week to help de-stress.  In the last couple weeks, I officially hit my goal, I've lost over 15 lbs (and almost 3 cup sizes, bye bye boobs, you will be missed).  I love corseting, but I'll admit that I also sometimes use my corset as a security blanket.  This is my first post in I don't know HOW long where I decided not to wear my corset.  This wouldn't be a big deal to a lot of people, but it's a big deal to me, and I'm stoked about it.

The Paris Pin Up Dress in Chrysanthemum is the first piece I bought once I realized I wasn't really able to wear a lot of my clothes anymore.  I love the ruched bust because it's something I wasn't really able to wear before and of course, this dress has POCKETS!  I felt like the outfit needed a color pop so I was excited to break out my Betty Heels which are really comfy and might be the heels I wear to learn how to jive in.  I went to Nashville Boogie over the weekend and was so jealous of all the amazing dancers.  God help me, I'm determined to learn, but I have two left feet so I need all the help I can get.



Bernie Dexter Paris Pin Up Dress in Chrysanthemum - Crush Knoxville  |  Fan Brooch - Vintage
Canvas Underskirt - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Yellow Betty Heels - Miss L Fire

What outfit makes you feel most confident?
What does your favorite dress look like? 

19 comments:

  1. How was the Nashville boogie? I wanted to go so bad!! Did you take one of the jive classes? Jiving is so so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry prints are awesome, they're always a sign that spring is here at last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the Boogie dancing up a storm and didn't get to say hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how differently we often see ourselves compared to how other view us? I've always thought that you exuded endless amounts of allure/sexiness, Amelia. You have a killer figure that you play up wonderfully, and are total vintage babe in my books!


    As are you of course, too, lovely Amanda! Huge congratulations on achieving your goals. You look sensational!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Amelia, we can't all be sexy! You and I will just have to hold the goofy but adorable fort together hahaha :) Joking aside you are adorable sexy, smart sexy, and that is very attractive in my book!! Amanda you are looking mighty fine - well done getting in shape! I really need to get healthy too but my oh my I am so lazy! Both of you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Proud of you for going corset free! You look beautiful! Also if you drop too many cup sizes, what will those internet trolls talk about?!?! #boobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both look so beautiful, both of those dresses are so lovely. I'm not really a cherry print fan either, I sometimes find them a bit tacky I guess but this print is lovely!

    Amanda, congratulations on the weight loss! It must have taken a lot of hard work. I'm trying to get in a routine of exercise too but I find it hard to stick to. I'm lusting after those Miss L Fire shoes <3



    Sarah - Lipstick & Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous as always, ladies! I love that cherries are coming back in style but in a classy way. They were in for a while in the early 2000's but definitely not in this way. More in the fashion of an AIM screen name/icon (please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers this trend! Hahah)


    And Congrats to you, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ladies look fab!! I do have a quick question for you Amanda. I just got the canvas underskirt and was wondering how you keep it puffy in this Southern heat?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tara,


    Thank you so much! She generally just 'fluff's it all day and doesn't wear it with super super heavy fabrics.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. ME TOO! I used to really love them in the early 2000's, which is why I've disliked them for so long...because they were actually atrocious. hahah So Now I love that the print is looking amazing lately. Oh--we def remember. I was all about having cool AIM icons! haha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree! I think cherry prints are usually just too kitschy and tacky, but this really looks classy.


    Work out routines are such a pain especially when busy. It's a constant battle. haha Miss L Fire seriously makes the best shoes!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha oh Kimmie!! You bring up the best point!!! I'm sure people will always find a reason to dislike us..but oh well.


    haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. If there is a 'goofy adorable club' we can be the president and VP! It's a good club to be in, because you're too cute! I think you're pretty much the most amazingly beautiful lady ever so that means SO SOSOSO much.


    hahahh I'm the same way! I started going to the gym in March like 6 months after Amanda did...but I am just so lazy.haha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. She had such a good time and met so many ladies that we interact with virtually. I'm SO jealous!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes--I'm so happy Spring is here!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure you had a great time! I'm so jealous that Amanda got to go and I didn't.


    ahha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. <3 <3 <3 Thank you so much! I guess you're completely right. That self-image differs from how others see me. I guess, I'm just SO silly and clumsy that I just can never imagine myself as sexy. It makes me so happy to know how I am in your eyes. It has made me smile from ear to ear!!


    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Keely Jayne NoonanMay 23, 2015 at 7:58 AM

    Love Amelias post! I really needed to get motivated too organise my wardrobe haha Finally done now! Can't wait too see Junes post :)

    ReplyDelete