Caboodle Magazine: Amelia Jetson's Closet

Friday, May 8, 2015


A few months back, we were approached by the ladies of Caboodle Magazine to see if we'd like to talk about one of our favorite things, our wardrobes!  This is the first issue of Caboodle Magazine so we were thrilled and honored that they thought of us for this spotlight.  We get asked about our wardrobes a lot so we thought this would be the perfect opportunity for us to talk about it.  

The issue also includes an interview with June and I that you can read in the recently released Summer Issue.  We thought we'd show you the images that we shared with Caboodle!  Here ya go: 


I'm SO unorganized in every aspect of my life except for my wardrobe.  There is just something therapeutic about a neatly organized wardrobe, no matter what your organizational style.  I know some people prefer to organize by 'purpose' of the clothing (whether it be work wear, day wear or even party wear (; ), by season or by what they wear the most.  I like to stick to a nice, classic ROY G BIV color scheme.  I hang my shirts, shorts/skirts, and dresses across my closet wall that June and my  husband built for me for my birthday last year. Then I organize by color in each type of clothing.  My petticoats and cardigans get hung on a separate rolling rack, because they take up so much damn space.  Lastly, I use my vintage suitcases to store tights and pants...ya know, things that rarely get worn! 

You can order this issue of Caboodle Magazine here, where you can see our spotlight and more.  Don't worry you'll get to see June's dressing room soon. ;)

How is your closet organized?

17 comments:

  1. DROOLING with closet envy! Gorgeous! I just finished Marie Kondo book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. She has some very strict and specific rules for organizing clothes - I think I may try this weekend. She says your closet should "sweep up to the right" so, you put longer things on the left and shorter things on the right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun! Thanks for the sneak peek and congrats on being in the first issue of Caboodle! I have my dresses as well as my shirts organized by sleeve length. I used to do ROYGBIV but I lost a lot of color working retail a while back (black or white shirts only) and haven't really come back from that haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice magazine feature of your closet! I love how you've arranged the clothing by ROY G BIV, it always looks like a pretty rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Massive congratulations, dear ladies!!! Your wardrobes are both stop-you-in-your-tracks incredible. What an honour to have the spotlight shone on them and you alike in print form. I hope many more magazine articles follow for you both!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! This is wonderful! I must confess to having MAJOR wardrobe envy - how I wish I had a wardrobe / dressing room :) I am delighted to find another ROYGBIV organizer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm just a little bit jealous of how gorgeous your closet is! I organise mine by garment and then colour-organise each group, too, but I only have a tiny space to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...such an awesome closet, love it!!


    http://cherrymilla82.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silver Cat Tea PartyMay 12, 2015 at 1:58 PM

    Congratulations on being in the Magazine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL It's the only aspect of my life that isn't crazy and scattered. hahha Thank you so much for all the sweetness!! <33333


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Louise you're too precious! I used to only have a tiny closet and a clothes rack so I'm totally spoiled now, but I appreciate it soon much


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Sarah! Hahah YES!! ROYGBIV is the best way to organize! I can't imagine any other way.


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Jessica! You're too good to us ;) It's so unreal to think about all of this happening to us.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! That's exactly why I like it. It creates such a nice visual rainbow.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha Oh I totally understand that! When I worked in a restaurant I had an entire section just for work shirts. It definitely ruined my flow.
    haha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm that's such a specific and interesting rule! I definitely couldn't do that, but only because I would lose track of what I have. haha


    xox

    ReplyDelete