June's Wedding: Part III, The Ceremony

Saturday, April 25, 2015


I got married back in September (on September 27, 2014).  I'm still getting around to posting all of the photos, procrastination as it's best!  I've been getting about one a month done since we got our photos in December, so that's not half bad!  A little over a month ago, I did a post about The Bride, The Groom and The Wedding Party and the one before that were the Getting Ready photos and I'm SO excited to share the next portion.

Let me tell you a little about our ceremony.  Collin + I got married at The Barn at Sanderlin Horse Farm in Appling, Georgia on September 27th.  We are HUGE music people, and we spent WEEKS working on all the music for our ceremony, "dinnertime" and the reception.  We decided to throw the "order" of a traditional wedding ceremony out the window and do our own thing.  Our wedding party walked in to Perpetuum Mobile... but then figured what the hell, the groom should get his own entrance too!  So, Collin entered to The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme) and then my dad walked me down the aisle to Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter (scroll to the VERY bottom for a video).

I don't drink and we had a lot of family + friends in attendance, so we didn't think a "toast" was for us.  Instead, we had Collin's Best Man, Brandon, and my Matron of Honor (Katie) give their toasts as little "speeches" during the ceremony.  I am absolutely NOT a crier; Katie actually teases me ALL the time about it, but one of the only times I cried the entire day (aside from during my vows) was hearing Katie's speech, I'm getting all teary eyed thinking about it.  Collin's dad got ordained so he could officiate our ceremony, which was amazing, and we exited to Alive With the Glory of Love by Say Anything.  Here it is... I'll let y'all see it for yourselves!  (all photos by Ulmer Studios).


On a lighter note, I can't describe to y'all how many freaking hours it took my mom + I to make all those pennant banners and because she's the best, she's making them into a wedding quilt for us. Southern moms y'all... they're the f*cking best.  My dress was a custom creation with the help of Dolly Couture, my shoes were an Yves Saint Laurent/Tom Ford collaboration for her 2003 Fall/Winter collection and the bridesmaid dresses were by Soho Mode

For more information about our photographers:
Ulmer Studios
For a little more of our wedding:
Proposal // Bachelorette Party   //   Wedding Invitations // The Wedding: Getting Ready
The Wedding: The Bride, The Groom + The Wedding Party // The Ceremony // Disneymoon


Feel free to post your own wedding photos + inspiration in the comments!
(Also, I tried to list where most of our things were from but feel free to ask. xoxo)

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I love the nontraditional music choices. My sister will be getting married in a barn next April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy, happy day! June, I love your dress and that photo of Collin laughing at the alter is so cute. Whatever did you say to him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie HuddlestonApril 25, 2015 at 2:42 PM

    These pictures are lovely!! You look so great in your wedding dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable and sweet! My wedding centered around music too! My husband also entered to The Imperial march! I love your wedding! Our wedding was featured on Hi-Fi Weddings if you want to check it out! http://hifiweddings.com/?s=Rachel+an&x=13&y=9

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a beautiful wedding. The clothing was perfect and your photos turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ceremony sounds AMAZING!!! I love that you entered to Harry Potter and exited to Say Anything! Also, your Tardis ring box is adorable! My husband proposed using the same (or similar) box! I saw it and yelled, "IT'S THE TARDIS!!!" I love that you used it in your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is so sweet and beautiful. I just teared up a little bit reading this, you can just see the love between you both in the photos and it's amazing <3
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate weddings because almost every weddings i went were boring. Your wedding seems to be perfect !!! i love everything in it ! Kisses from france xxx weirdo veruca

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is clear your wedding reflected you both so well and your joy (and everyone else's in the photos) is so obvious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silver Cat Tea PartyApril 26, 2015 at 12:55 PM

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it weird that I got teary-eyed? Congratulations on your nuptials! What a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Amanda, what beautiful photos and incredible memories! The fun and love from the day jumps off the screen in these photos, and girl, you make a seriously gorgeous bride!
    I love how you tailored the day to reflect you and Collin! Just stunning!
    -Carley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Victoria AndersonApril 27, 2015 at 2:12 PM

    Wow! What a beautiful wedding! I love barn weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope at DisneylandApril 27, 2015 at 8:31 PM

    I love that you came out to Hedwig's theme! So sweet! I also love how you did the speeches at the ceremony. That's brilliant! It opens up the reception for more party time and less formality! :) Also, Tardis ring box for the win!! I'm pretty sure that if you had gotten married before me, I would've been pinning your images like crazy for inspiration! Congrats again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mackenzie MurrayMay 1, 2015 at 9:27 AM

    I love these pictures! You all looked amazing. The barn is beautiful. I love the way you guys used music in your ceremony. Also glad you're sharing this with all of us. Seems like it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, thank you for sharing these! I'm a relatively new blog reader so it's nice to see "flashbacks" like this. One thing that I've noticed as I've read more posts, which I LOVE, is that you always have the biggest, most beautiful smile - and here, your smile is the biggest I've ever seen it. What a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keely Jayne NoonanMay 15, 2015 at 3:47 AM

    Lindy Bop have a Yellow floral dress (It reminds me sort-of like the one Dita Von Teese is wearing...) I think it's called VIVI. You MIGHT like it!!

    ReplyDelete