Hawaiian Hibiscus

Wednesday, March 11, 2015


March has had a great start for me since I've spent the past few days in Virginia visiting with Michael's family.  It was his grandmother's 80th birthday so pretty much everyone in his family was in town to visit and celebrate, and it was a total blast!  Lots of time spent laughing and telling stories, which is one of my favorite things about family time...we also shot a blowdart gun, which is my new favorite thing about family time.  The only downside of the visit is that Virginia is cold, y'all!  I was definitely not prepared for that weather.  I spent as much time as possible under a blanket, because this girl is so over the cold.

So I don't know if this concept is something only I embrace or if it's widely acceptable, but when I really start to miss Spring I wear some of my most Spring-y outfits.  So even if it doesn't feel like Spring, dammit, it can look like Spring.  Picking one of the six daffodils that has bloomed also helps me with this!  This Hawaiian print halter dress by Blue Velvet Vintage is a quintessential Spring piece with it's beautiful coral, floral print and it's halter straps.  The coral is such a lovely color, and doesn't look awful on my pink-toned skin tone.  As much as I love the look of this dress the thing that excites me the most is that it has a metal zipper.  I know, I know that seems like a silly thing to get excited about, but plastic zippers are SO awful.  The metal zipper puts the quality of this over the top in my eyes.  I wish other brands would take note and use metal zippers. 

Coral Hawaiian Print Halter c/o Blue Velvet Vintage | Va Va Voluminous Petticoat Modcloth | 
Taupe Idas c/o BAIT Footwear | Pink Dahlia - Similar | White Belt - Similar 

What's your favorite Spring outfit? 

8 comments:

  1. This color is so pretty on you, and I've been meaning to look at Blue Velvet Vintage! I totally agree with you on the metal zipper front -- plastic zippers are awful.

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is loely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one that chooses to dress like Spring when its still yucky out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Alex! It's such a lovely print.

    Xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the only way I can make myself not get into a Winter funk. You know what they say about great minds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sammi! I was so pleasantly surprised by the metal zipper! It made me SO happy. They offer so many fun pieces, and at times stock other repro brands on sale!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely in this, and why not dress in a way to improve your mood and make it feel like spring, even if the weather doesn't agree?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silver Cat Tea PartyApril 15, 2015 at 10:19 AM

    I've long admired these Hawaiian print dresses from Blue Velvet Vintage. So nice to see them on a person! It's so beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete