Denim Wiggle Skirts + High Waist Pants

Saturday, March 28, 2015


We had a few wonderful Spring days this week so Collin + I decided to drop by his work for some coffee, pop into the record store + go on a little walk (it's now 37 degrees again, thanks Nashville).  You guys might be thinking "who is that dude up there?!" Collin decided to shave his beard off last week!  When we met when I was 17 (almost 10 years ago now, holy shit), he was sans beard, and every time he shaves it, I still can't get over how different he looks.

As for my outfit, I usually avoid scoop necks or anything that's in low cut spectrum.  I'm basically afraid of my own boobs or something, I don't know, but when I wear something that shows too much cleavage all I can think about all day is whether or not it's TOO much cleavage.  Overshare? Nah.  Over the last few months, thanks to running, I've lost a little up top so I feel lot more comfortable in tops like this cute little houndstooth Pixelated Top.  Also, I have no idea how I've never ended up with one before now but this Stretch Denim Wiggle Skirt is AMAZING.  I feel like a denim wiggle is a fun thing for any pinup's wardrobe and I can't wait to style it with cute tees + flats too.

Pixelated Top c/o Steady Clothing  |  Stretch Denim Wiggle Skirt c/o Steady Clothing
Pineapple Brooch + Fab-a-lite Bangles c/o The Pink Bungaloo  |  Black Heels - Modcloth (similar)  |   Keiko Glasses - Bonlook  |  Collin: Steady Clothing T-shirt c/o Steady Clothing


Michael is wearing the Sink or Swim Tee.  He's really loved how comfy the tees are from Steady, and that they aren't just the average, boring shirt.  Personally, I love him in black, because I think it makes the colors in his tattoos really pop.  We have been going to the gym every day during the week so on the weekends we have lazy days, which include baseball caps and tee shirts for him.  


Just a few weeks ago was the first time I wore pants in years, and now I'm in them again.  It's like a weird episode of The Twilight Zone.  Honestly, I think I'll start buying more pants/capris now that I've found some that I like.  I have always loved black pants so I love that the high waist pants are available in black.  Even if they do show all of my cat's hair...or as we like to affectionately call it 'crazy people glitter'.  I have the Sophia Top in black and mint, and I absolutely love it.  I want it in every color, because it's the best staple top.  I also love this beautiful mint color that I like to refer to as "Steady Green".

These pictures are from last week, because today is actually mine and Michael's one year wedding anniversary!  I know it's a cliche, but time really does fly.  The last year has been absolutely perfect, and it just makes me excited to see what this year holds.  We had to postpone any real celebrating, because I have a work conference coming up that's stressing me out, but we will be going to Universal Studios to celebrate in less than a month!  As for today, I'm excited to eat at my favorite local Thai restaurant and have a lazy day with my husband.

Mint Sophia Top c/o Steady Clothing | High Waist Pants c/o Steady Clothing | 
Match Accessories Boomerang Brooch c/o Steady Clothing | Nana Heels - BAIT Footwear 
Black Chiffon Hair Scarf - Hey Viv! | Michael: Sink or Swim Tee c/o Steady Clothing

How are you spending your weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Loving great, everyone! Katie, I really like your tone on tone top + brooch. The subtle way that the pin jumps out at you is really visually engaging. Great styling idea!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your outfits, but Katie - that black and mint combo is so amazing! I totally love it. Collin looks so different without his beard! Whenever my husband shaves off his, I think he de-ages about ten years. It's so weird! To be honest, I'm a little jealous he has such an easy remedy for babyface though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Colin was someone else haha. Ya'll look lovely as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope at DisneylandMarch 28, 2015 at 8:49 PM

    Happy one year wedding anniversary Katie! This weekend, hubby and I are just lounging and having a Doctor Who marathon. We have things to go to next month so we're enjoying being lounge lizards before our schedules get crazy. Amanda - your hubs looks so different! When my hubby grows out his face fur, it's like night and day. LOL I feel like when he's clean shaven, it takes years off in the blink of an eye. I wish there was an equivalent like that for us gals. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two have the cutest husbands and I can't believe how different Collin looks with no beard! Amanda I totally understand what you mean about low cut tops and big boobs!

    Happy anniversary Katie & Michael!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, I can understand what you mean about cleavage and big boobs but girl, this look is AMAZING on you!!! Being able to see your neck and a bit of skin makes you look taller, leaner and fresher. You always look amazing but this is so flattering! Plus, everything is still covered so it isn't too racy. Great job ladies!

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're always too sweet to us. Isn't it crazy? I'm still not used to seeing 'no-beard' Collin!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much babe! I agree that the outfit looks amazing on, Amanda!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, darling! That's such an amazing weekend! Nothing better than Doctor Who with the hubby!!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hhaha He looks so different! It's crazy.


    Thanks, Anna!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, Lisa! I really loved the combo too!


    Right? It's unfair that guys can just grow facial hair and look SO different.


    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Jessica! I love doing tone on tone! It really makes the eye work to notice the details. Luckily, the brooch is so glittery that it stands out.


    xxo

    ReplyDelete