Cotton Candy Peaches

Monday, March 23, 2015


Saturday, I woke up early, grabbed a "dirty" chai tea latte from the coffee shop down the street (dirty means it has a shot of espresso, I love tea but I need that extra caffeine y'all) and hopped in my car for my 30 minute drive to Franklin in the slightly overcast, but absolutely perfect weather.  My company on the drive was Wanda Jackson.  For those of you who read the blog regularly, you know I'm a sucker for a day at Grandma's House because I'm a grandma's girl and also, my grandma is amazing so I was INCREDIBLY excited to have the day of calm in the middle of moot court madness to go visit.  She'd made chicken salad and sweet tea... southern grandma's always seem to have something made just for you when you arrive.... which is pretty amazing.

While Amelia rocked a petticoat under her Swan Tulle Skirt, I didn't mind the under-slip showing a little bit; though, I'm over 8 inches shorter than she is and it hits me mid thigh.... so it might've been a bit risque on her ; )  I had a lot of fun pairing the skirt with some small but bright little accessories like this little Kissing Kirra Brooch by Erstwilder.  Also, I love any chance I get to break out the sparkly doctor bag Collin got me for Christmas.

Carole Top - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Mint Swan Tulle Skirt c/o The Oblong Box Shop
Black Heels - Modcloth (similar)  |   Keiko Glasses - Bonlook  |  Kissing Kirra Brooch - Erstwilder
Orange Poppy - NicCoCoCreations  |  Glitter Doctor Bag - Unique Vintage (similar)


It was a pretty dreary and rainy weekend in Georgia, but that didn't stop me from venturing outside on Saturday.  The Augusta Market takes place every Saturday during the Spring/Early Fall so Michael and I decided to go downtown.  The market has everything from live musical performances to fresh coffee and local produce so it's a pretty fun way to spend the morning.  It may not have been the best outing for a hot pink tulle skirt, but I was already dressed for the day and didn't feel like changing.  I especially love buying fresh bread, because.... I'm addicted to carbs.  It ended up being rainy all Sunday, so I'm glad we spent Saturday outdoors. 

Whenever I see tulle skirts my first two thoughts are ballerinas and Carrie Bradshaw.  I know it's cliche, but Carrie rocked the shit out of tulle skirts.  This is the first tulle skirt I've ever owned and it's definitely 'loud', but I think it works paired with darker colors and sparse accessories.  I'm not a fan of elastic waistbands so I used a belt from a Bernie Dexter dress to strategically cover the waistband.  I also stuck a petticoat slip from American Apparel under the skirt since the lining is fairly short, and this helped give it a little more poof.  This 'Swan Tulle Skirt' from The Oblong Box Shop is actually out of stock on-line now, but she will have the rest for sale at Viva Las Vegas if you're lucky enough to be attending! 

Black Body Suit - Similar | Pink Swan Tulle Skirt c/o The Oblong Box Shop
Elastic Ballet Flats - Similar | Pearl Necklace - Similar 

Do you own a tulle skirt?  If so what's your favorite way to style it? 

14 comments:

  1. What delightful cotton candy-esque skirts! So fun! Love the aqua on you, June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whimsicalpreppy.comMarch 23, 2015 at 7:27 PM

    Oh what fun skirts! My favorite color is pink so I love that hot pink skirt! I fell in love with those shoes when I saw them on the Marcy Very Much site. I can't decide between the black or brown but I may go the 1940's Lauren Bacall route and buy brown and maybe get the black later on.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria AndersonMarch 23, 2015 at 9:17 PM

    those are fun skirts. I saw a Pin Up Girl dress with tulle that looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendidly pretty skirts! They really do remind me of carnival treats, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope at DisneylandMarch 24, 2015 at 3:51 PM

    You two look adorable! I don't own a tulle skirt, but I do have a tulle dress (basically exactly like your skirts, but with it being attached to a strapless sweetheart top). I haven't worn it in years because I feel it makes me look bigger in the hips. :( It's a gorgeous electric grape purple, and seeing Amelia's bright pink tulle skirt reminded me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! I love these! I will Most definitely be purchasing one at viva!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So glad that you love them, and I hope you can snag one up!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet it's amazing!! I know exactly what you mean though, I definitely didn't feel like this skirt 'did' anything for my figure. If you wear it soon post a picture! I want to see it in all of it's purple-y glory!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm glad that they reminded you of cotton candy, because that's instantly what we thought of!


    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Victoria! Yes! The Lesley-Ann dress at Pinup Girl Clothing has the most beautiful tulle skirt!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pink too so it just made sense to wear this beautiful hot pink :) I love them too, and definitely regret not getting the brown when I bought these. If you buy them post a picture for us to see how you style them! :)


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What could be better than skirts that resemble delicious treats? Isn't it great? I love that color on her skin tone.


    xox

    ReplyDelete