Black + White + Red All Over

Tuesday, March 3, 2015


It's that time of the month where we talk our dudes into being on the blog and hang out in fun things from Steady Clothing (past posts here).  Black, white and red are just a natural combo, right?  Whenever I wear black and white I unintentionally pair red with the outfit, and clearly this is no difference.  I have a few other wiggle style dresses from Steady Clothing,  and I really think these wiggle dresses are what made me feel comfortable enough to regularly wear tighter items.  The 'A Girl's Best Friend Dress' just isn't as flattering as the others on me.  That's not to say I don't love it, because the overall dress is beautiful.  I especially love the diamond-style embroidery on the dress. 

A Girl's Best Friend Dress c/o Steady Clothing  |  Match Accessories Starburst Brooch c/o Steady Clothing  |   Pompeii Heels c/o Miss L Fire  |  Red Cardigan - Target (Similar)  |  Red Rose Hair Piece - DIY


Michael is wearing the Sun Records Logo Tee from Steady Clothing with a yellow and grey flannel (similar).  For those of you who don't know Sun Records is a legendary record label founded in Memphis, Tennessee.  He loved the history behind the shirt and that it's just a good classic tee.  Not to mention his favorite way of styling clothes for Winter has been to wear a flannel over the tees. 


I saw the Joan Top + Skirt set in hunter green and immediately fell in love.  The hunter green skirt sold through so fast it was crazy but most of my work attire is black, so this fit in perfectly in my closet.  This is actually the first peplum top I've owned and was pleasantly surprised. I was steering clear because some of the non-fitted ones are a bit unflattering, but the fitted band at the waist actually has a slimming effect and the shirt tails add something to the torso area without needing a belt. I love knowing know that they're a great option to pair with a pencil skirt. 

Joan Top + Joan Skirt c/o Steady Clothing  |  Match Accessories Starburst Brooch c/o Steady Clothing  |  Persia Heels c/o Miss L Fire


Collin is wearing the Anchor's Away Western.  The guys actually picked their own things this time so we were super intrigued to see what they would choose.  I feel like Collin's work-brain subliminally infiltrated his choice, since an anchor is part of the logo of the company he works for.  I love this shirt because it's a bit more fitted than a bowling shirt, and the embroidery is adorable.

What's your favorite color combo to wear? 

5 comments:

  1. Victoria AndersonMarch 4, 2015 at 12:03 PM

    Red, white and blue is my fave colour combo. Blue jeans, white v neck and a red hoodie is perfect for working in the yard or outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, much, much love to the Joan combo! It's amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Joan set! It's such a sophisticated and sexy look.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of you are so stylish! Love it :D

    I haven't seen such a flattering, fitted peplum top ever before. It looks quite nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're too sweet Crissy! I agree! I usually shy away from peplum, because it's rare that they are fitted properly.

    Xox

    ReplyDelete