Atomic Swag: Thrills, Chills, Spills!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015


I found out the hard way in my early 20's while working nights in a retail store in college that I was allergic to the dye a lot of people used in their denim (I usually took them off to find that I look like I'd been attacked by a swarm of bees).  So, I haven't worn pants since.  Also, I was of the opinion that they looked like complete shit on me because I'm only 4'11" on a good day and I have to roll the bottoms of every pair I put on even if there "short" or "petite" length... and not the cute kind of roll, the over a foot of extra fabric kinda roll.  Recently, I've been dying to find a pair that would work for my lazy days and as soon as I got this Huntington Beach Speedway Tee I knew I REALLY wanted to hunt down a pair.

I asked the sweet ladies over at Sourpuss Clothing for some fit information about these Sourpuss Pedal Pushers and was SO STOKED to find out they basically work as pants for me (though they'd probably be actual capris on anyone else haha)!  Though these are rolled, they're intended to be rolled like traditional pedal pushers.  I picked up a pair of these INCREDIBLY comfortable Minnetonka Kilty Moccasins and now this is one of my favorite outfits to throw on when I want to feel cute but don't want to put on 94769074560987 layers.

Huntington Beach Speedway Tee c/o Atomic Swag  |  Sourpuss Pedal Pushers c/o Sourpuss Clothing
Minnetonka Kilty Moccasins - Modcloth  |  Navy Bandana - Amazon  |  Leather Purse - Thrifted
Red Bakelite Bangles - Etsy  |  Sunny Yellow Bakelite Bracelet - Wonders on Woodland


What does your favorite lazy day outfit look like?

16 comments:

  1. That's really interesting to know about those pedal pushers, as a fellow petite lady! I have the same problem - when you're on your 4th roll-up of a trouser leg and you've suddenly got a wadge of fabric at the end of your jeans that is about three inches thick, it rather takes the fun out of it all... I did find the Collectif Sally jeans only needed minimal adjusting as essentially meant to be crops, but the waist fit was too terribly awful on me :( They're very similar to these in terms of design though, so perhaps they'll work for other ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow shorty at 5'1" I feel your pain. Anything cropped is just regular pants for me hahaha. That shirt looks super comfy though. Definitely something i'd throw on with denim shorts for a "this is a s good as it's gonna get today" look :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way that you've styled your jeans :) It's really easy to forget that jeans can easily look retro styled with the right accessories since they're so often worn in a very modern way nowadays. I always go high waisted with mine now even though I used to wear very low slung ones when I was younger, so they're slightly more "retro" styled I guess!

    Sian xx Rebel Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're fun sized! :-) I'm a little taller (5'4"), and sometimes I find some clothes to be much too long on me, because I feel my legs are short compared to other women my size and height. Knee length for some women is more like tea length for me. Love how you styled the jeans, looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude. You look incredible. I always love how you look in dresses, but this is SUCH a great option on you, and these jeans are perfect. <3

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do these pedal pushers have a lot of stretch to them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colleen ElizabethMarch 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM

    I feel your pain of being short. I'm only 5 foot. So finding pants that actually fit me is hard to come by. I had to get my petite sized pants hemmed lol there's only one brand of jeans that actually fit me right in short

    ReplyDelete
  8. THESE LOOK AMAZING AHHHH, You gorgeous thing !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute- and glad they don't make you break out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried these on at unique vintage and didn't buy them. Biggest shopping regret in recent memory. I think about them quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What size did you get in the t-shirt? I'm looking to buy one but unsure to go for Small of Medium, and I'm the same size as you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel your pain. I bought a pair of capris and they are perfect for ankle length cigarette pants. I'll have to look into these pants. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just bought a pair of those Sourpuss pedal pushes, on the Sourpuss website, can't wait to get them in the post!!

    http://cherrymilla82.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulously fun casual outfit! I'm petite (barely 5'2") myself and had to smile ear-to-ear when described cropped pants as working as full length ones on you. I've run into that numerous times before as well.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Silver Cat Tea PartyApril 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM

    I have the same problem with pants/capris too! ;) These ones are so cute on you though and totally work. I love the back pockets. So cute! <3

    ReplyDelete