American Diner

Sunday, March 22, 2015


I tend to not wear this dress a lot, because I forget how much I love it.  Then when I put it on it instantly reminds me of why I bought it in two color ways.  Not only is it comfortable and effortlessly put together it's also simple enough to be a good base for statement pieces.  Lately work has been so busy that I've only been wearing my comfortable dresses, including this one.

When I started receiving emails from Erstwilder with sneak peaks of their new collection I was absolutely thrilled to see some of my favorite themes made into brooches. American Diner and By the Seaside are probably my favorite collections that Erstwilder has EVER made...and that's saying a lot, because I love their stuff.  Jess' Jivin' Jukebox is a big statement piece, which is exactly what I like.  Also, whenever I wear it the inner country girl in me can't help but sing to myself, "Don't rock the jukebox I wanna hear some Jones 'cause my heart ain't ready for The Rolling Stones."  

Karen Dress in Black Polka Dot - Hell Bunny | Jess' Jivin' Jukebox Brooch - Erstwilder 
Va Va Voluminous Petticoat - Modcloth | Black Hansel Heels - BAIT Footwear 



Y'all.  This is my first experience with "real" moot court and I'm. so. exhausted.  I snapped these on my way to study group (where I've spent every waking moment that I wasn't at work in or actual class) and it's so nice to wear cheery colors to remind myself that it's ALMOST over, then I'll get to be finished and watch my fellow classmates who haven't already plead their cases, look increasingly more like zombies for the few weeks prior to their case like I do. Coffee is my best f*cking friend right now (sorry, Katie). ANYWAYS.

I've been waiting for the perfect dress to break out my new Cactus Road Brooch and I recently fell in love with Aussie company Dangerfield.  I've heard hit-or-miss reports about their quality, and while I felt like the dresses weren't the nicest things I've ever owned when I received them 1) they were buy 2 get 1 free and 2) I think my whole order WITH international shipping for 3 pieces was around $80.  My first piece from the order that I'm breaking out is this Stripe Me Happy Dress.  I love the pastel candy stripes + the green ric rac.   I promised myself I'd interchange my tea length + petticoats with some shorter dresses for spring and it's nice to have options like this for casual days.  Also, I have this insane hoard of  vintage cowboy boots that I've been collecting for years and I've started wearing them again lately.  What is Nashville doing to me?

Cowboy boots - Thrifted  |  Bakelite Bangles - Vintage  |  Keiko Glasses in Tessa Tort - Bonlook


14 comments:

  1. You both look SO darling. I do love that Hell Bunny dress (and every time I see it, I get annoyed at myself for not getting it in black), and Amanda, this shorter length dress is adorable on you! I'm such a sucker for ric rac trim, too. Your brooches go perfectly with these outfits!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too sweet, Sammi! Is it bad that I wish I would have bought it in blue too? I just love the details. I agree--she's really influenced me to want to pick up some dresses from Dangerfield.


    I love that we are brooch twins <33


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your dresses! I always want to wear the kind of button-up styles but can't because of le boobies :( You both look fab though as always <3

    2cakesonaplate.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria AndersonMarch 22, 2015 at 3:28 PM

    Ricrac and cowboy boots are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzy TheKawaiiPlanetMarch 22, 2015 at 4:05 PM

    OMG OMG OMG! Just stumbled upon your blog. I ADORE YOU! You are so pretty and your style is just FABULOUS!!! You have a new fan. Keep up great work! xo

    ♥ www.thekawaiiplanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully fun novelty brooches! The jukebox appeals to me because I've loved them since I was a wee child and the cactus speaks to me because I live in the closest thing that Canada has to a desert (and if you venture wayyyyy out in some of the more remote parts, you can find a few, I've heard - I've never actually seen one myself here).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've become addicted to pairing my shorter dresses with my cowboy boots! I actually have the same dress that Katie is wearing here in the purple and it looks brilliant with my boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both dresses! I'm obsessed with polka dots, wearing a polka dot skirt right now, ha. The brooches are adorable as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Polka dots are the best obsession to have! They really are the best print.


    Thank you, Lisa!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the purple version too! I have them both, because they are just so cute. Such a good idea! I have a pair of my mom's cowboy boots that my dad bought her so I love pairing them with dresses. It gets so hot here so quick that wearing cowboy boots is awful in the Summer, though.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Jessica! I love how unique Erstwilder's designs are, and that you connect with these on another level! I've always loved jukeboxes too :)


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzy!! We are so happy that you found us! :) Let us know if there is every anything you'd like to see on Junebugs and Georgia Peaches.


    Thank you for being so sweet!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Le boobies are always the blame :( Mine cause some gaping in this dress, but not enough for me to be concerned. I know your struggle though--it's super hard to find dresses that can accommodate a large trust. Thank you for the compliment, darling!


    xox

    ReplyDelete